• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'85 Bronco II Paint & Body Thread

ford4wd08

Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So, I started playing with body work a little tonight.

I bought the $15 PDR kit from Harbor Freight the other day just for shits and giggles. Figured what the hell.

It actually works though... I'm working on the dents behind the driver's door and little by little I'm able to pull them without a hole lot of effort.

I ran out of glue sticks tonight and got some on Amazon on the way.

I did sand down to bare metal with 80 grit to give it something to bite to since I have to sand rust off that area anyhow.

This is making my body work a lot easier, it will still require some filler, but not near as much.

I'm just going to replace the passenger size fender, the dent is along the body line. That speeds up my process a lot. I could be ready for epoxy primer in a week or so.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: DE2235E7692E8C: July 5th, 2021

Shran

Junk Collector
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
That's cool, I was kinda curious about that myself. I have the HF stud welder and the pneumatic suction cup dent puller... the stud welder works pretty good for certain things, but the suction cup deal is a joke! Don't waste your money on that one if you're ever tempted! It leaves round rubber marks on everything and comes off before it pulls the dent out. I got it very cheap used though so I'm not out much.

Keep us updated with pics!

ford4wd08

Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's cool, I was kinda curious about that myself. I have the HF stud welder and the pneumatic suction cup dent puller... the stud welder works pretty good for certain things, but the suction cup deal is a joke! Don't waste your money on that one if you're ever tempted! It leaves round rubber marks on everything and comes off before it pulls the dent out. I got it very cheap used though so I'm not out much.

Keep us updated with pics!
Thanks for the info on the suction puller. I had considered that one but doubted that it would work well.

I'm terrible about pictures lol. I'll start taking some when my other glue comes in this week.

ford4wd08

Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Saw a tip on the FB page for TAMCO that there resin prices might be going up and that it might be a good time to buy... so I found the Direct To Anything epoxy in stock on their website and decided to just go ahead and order it.

The kit makes 2 gallons and is ~$233 shipped to my door. Figured that wasn't terrible for what is supposed to be a good product.

Here is the TDS for it---> https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0250/8249/5056/files/HPEpoxy.pdf?v=1585954505

I plan on doing epoxy with this and see how much I have left, I'll do filler after epoxy then come back with this as a sealer.

If I need high build they have another product I can use that is cheaper but also a 2 gallon kit....

Off to the races now.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
The kit makes 2 gallons and is ~$233 shipped to my door.
That doesn't sound too bad, actually. That's about what a sheet of plywood costs these days :).

Good to see your progress with the old truck. Don't rush things, and keep us updated. Good luck!