• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 Starting Problem

Bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I done a duraspark conversion to my 84 bronco II and it will not fire until i let off of the key. It will crank all day long and not start till the key switch goes back to the run position. Any suggestions?

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wiring problem. Look at a schematic; there is a direct 12V feed to the coil when the engine is cranking.

jeffnvegas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
starting issues

problem is in the steering column. there is a switch behind the ignition insert that is die cast surrounding a plastic component that has two little tits holding it in place. these can sometimes be tapped with a punch gently to resecure them and if not you have to buy a new one and replace it. the problem if you have to replace it is it's a real bear to get it out. there are multiple pins holding it in. i'm assuming you have the tilting steering wheel. took me lots of hair and contacts to cypher through this one. just a heads up, even if it doesn't look like it is loose it still could be. it fooled me.

Bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Starting Issue

The piece your talking about must be up by the key switch? I will take a look at that see whats going on there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals