• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 bronco II duraspark and carb conversion

mjr46

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the pics. You did a good job with the conversion, and I like your B2; bet it makes a good plow truck.
thanks it works really well and plows good!!

mjr46

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Change the inline fuel filter please, that thing's as dark as a politician's soul.
lol.............will do......as soon as i get a free moment :)

JC1968

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 2001/19
Make / Model
BII, Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Awesome thread. I have a 84 Bronco II that has been sitting in the back yard for the last couple of years. Wife has been giving me flack about either getting it running or getting rid of it. Looking to do the duraspark conversion but also don't want to spend a lot of money on a carb. Don't need it to be a daily driver, just a weekend explorer. Tempted to make the purchase of the carb you listed.

mjr46

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome thread. I have a 84 Bronco II that has been sitting in the back yard for the last couple of years. Wife has been giving me flack about either getting it running or getting rid of it. Looking to do the duraspark conversion but also don't want to spend a lot of money on a carb. Don't need it to be a daily driver, just a weekend explorer. Tempted to make the purchase of the carb you listed.
do it........i've plowed twice with it and it runs great now!!!

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I would have known more before going all through the carb issue. Someone should just try using the stock carb with .042 jets and see how she does. Just run the vacuum advance off the manifold vac. If it still runs rich just punch a couple pin holes in the air bleed diaphram on the back of the carb.

JC1968

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 2001/19
Make / Model
BII, Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm working on the duraspark conversion. The write-up says that there are two hot wires when the ignition is on, a brown/pink or pink/lt green. They both exist. My question is: do I have to splice both of them together and route it to the pos post of the coil? Or just one? I have just one (pink/lt green) connected but it doesn't send spark to the plugs. The coil has spark only. Any help will be great. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals