• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 bronco 2 clutch linkage

Lewistown92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
For sure I plan on keeping it for latter. You guys know we're I can buy a clutch resiviour and the lines

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
AutoZone it’s a braided line! Reservoir check on eBay or junkyard and get a used one! I used the one off my donor bii! Cleaned it up a bit and didn’t have no crack’s, and the rubber insert or boot inside looked great! Just a word of advice on your slave cylinder, get a ford oem and be done with it! Most aftermarket one’s either leak or the throw out bearing is garbage! Everyone that has ever driven a mustang knows what I mean by the “famous chirp or bearing noise” from the throw out bearing lol!

Attachments

Lewistown92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet thanks man I'm getting close this b2 been sitting since 96

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
On my second slave cylinder from AutoZone. First one I made it from around back to the front of my place and it started leaking! Second one doesn’t leak but have throw out bearing noise with it! Push in the clutch and the noise goes away! I don’t hear it after I get moving! I guess a 2 1/2 in glass pack and cat delete with a 3” tip took care of that lol! But seriously do it one time and done! But on a good note you will get faster every time you do it lol!

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
Watch out for caliper’s sticking once you get to driving it! Been through my whole brake system all but LH front caliper! I have it already! Haven’t changed lines, but rear axle seals and whole brake system in back otherwise! Master cylinder changed and finally done my brake booster a couple of weeks ago! It had been leaking for a while! Pissing air to the inside of cab! Fuel pump been changed a couple of times from trash from sitting! Finally cleaned tank out and solved those issues! The joys of buying something that has been sitting a while! Mine had sit for about 8 years before the previous owner and another 2 to 3 more after he purchased it! Just wanted to let you know some things to be watching out for dude! I love my bronco ii aka ol’ Girty! She’s not pretty with the camp paint job! In due time. Getting all my mechanical stuff done before I start doing cosmetic work!

Attachments

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
On my second slave cylinder from AutoZone. First one I made it from around back to the front of my place and it started leaking! Second one doesn’t leak but have throw out bearing noise with it! Push in the clutch and the noise goes away! I don’t hear it after I get moving! I guess a 2 1/2 in glass pack and cat delete with a 3” tip took care of that lol! But seriously do it one time and done! But on a good note you will get faster every time you do it lol!
The squeaking noise is the bearing slipping on the clutch fingers. These hydraulic clutches ride on the clutch fingers and turn at all times. Most of the time it goes away when the grease in the bearing finds it's home and the bearing loosens up a little bit.

Lewistown92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Ok cool thank you. We're would you buy hydro lines frank

Lewistown92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
This works on the 86 transmission

Lewistown92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
If so would you sell it

AndyB.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
This is for the 83-84 application with an external slave. The part number for 85 and up is E5TZ-7A512-B. There are a few on eBay.

Lewistown92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Oh ok thanks. I bought my transmission off ebay and was told it was out of an 84. Showed up and has an internal slave owell it will work

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Oh ok thanks. I bought my transmission off ebay and was told it was out of an 84. Showed up and has an internal slave owell it will work
Just make sure you get all the parts that match like I said in post #2. Since you have a internal slave, you will need the flywheel to work with a internal slave setup. Of course the proper internal slave also. If I remember correctly, the pilot bearing is located in the center of the flywheel on a internal slave setup, versus being located in the back of the crankshaft for the early external slave setup.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I upgraded all my stuff to a 4.0L with parts from rockauto and autozone (only because some things were cheaper).

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
Same reason I went to AutoZone! I’ve only gotten two bad part’s from there in the past 15 to 16 year’s that I can recall of! Can’t complain about it. Sh*t happens we all know it! Some thing’s you can’t cheap out on!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals