• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

83 302 build

insaneranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/40 R18
Nice! I put a 650 AVS2 on my '88 last year & it's a big improvement over the old Edelbrock "off road" 650 I had on it. The off road 650 always ran too rich no matter what I did. The AVS series are so much smoother & drivable.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Nice! I put a 650 AVS2 on my '88 last year & it's a big improvement over the old Edelbrock "off road" 650 I had on it. The off road 650 always ran too rich no matter what I did. The AVS series are so much smoother & drivable.

Yes very nice unit, however, I am having a b!tch of a time getting to get over that dreaded dead spot on acceleration. the one were it wants to stutter then take off. (sometimes a small pop is let out also)

I have changed rods to lean it out a bit, changed the power springs both ways up and down. played a fraction with the timing. and all to no avail. the power rod is set to the middle hole, and haven't tried the top hole to see if that makes any difference.

any thoughts?

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Hi Ang and partner.
Just caught up to this post and was curious as to who did your seats? I'm thinking Angie did them. If so, really nice work. What is the material and what sort of machine?
Great looking labor of love over the years.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Hi Rumble,

Thanks for the kind words. I just asked her (angie) what she used for the fabric. She said it is a wool blend of material that should have been used on pool tables... (or that is what she was lead to believe from her old supplier, had it for a few years waiting to use it on something) She has been doing sewing and upholstery for 30 years. She uses a Yakumo walking foot as her main machine, plus has the fancy embroidery machine(s) for custom stuff, (the V8 emblems). 100% labour of love, cheers

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
I can't believe I forgot to add this idea to this build page. Took another hood I had laying around and put louvers into it for added heat escape. this is what she looks like now.

cheers

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals