• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

7.5" rear diff

Slo Ranger Trk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
good day all,

was wondering if anyone out there in Ranger Station land knows of a bolt-on rear differential truss ?? it doesn't have too be " baja ' strength , just some thing for a little piece of mind when i'm up country and get in a wash that's rocky or some situation in a creek bed that might cause some damage to my rear diff cover ...
Also, anyone know of a bolt-on diff skid plate ? something to work in the above described situations ... just wondering ?
Or if someone might know of a fabricator that's building quality product for a reasonable price..
Any help or advise would be apricated .. thanks for your time and help all ..
Mahalo, ray

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
simply put, no and no.

you can make a truss... they offer trusses for the 8.8, so you could always upgrade to the 8.8 and have the stronger axle from an explorer..a little fab needed to bolt in it tho

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Well it's probably not necessary. And with the 8.8", get a Ranger 8.8". The Explorer ones are stronger, but they take a lot of work to put in and need expensive equipment or labor. It's a lot more work to put in an Explorer 8.8" than a lot of people make it out to be.

Trusses really aren't made to be bolt on anyways, things would still slip unless you welded a brace plate to the axle to keep things from moving, in which case, you might as well weld it on in the first place.

As for the skid plate, check out your local 4x4 and offroad shops. They might we able to weld you something up.

You may also get laughed at a bit. Generally no one really upgrades the 7.5", they just stick a 8.8" in it.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm all for keeping the 7.5 IF it's strong enough for what you need... but you won't find aftermarket support for it or the Ranger 8.8, not much at least.

putting an expo 8.8 in a Ranger does require fab work, but it's not a lot. I've done the swap for my b2 and a 96 Ranger.. neither is bad. but like ledd said, the ranger 8.8 is closer to bolt in.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals