• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

6x9 Speaker Install Doors and Rear

dwintill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
So my grandpa insisted on buying me some 6x9 speakers for my truck and I couldn't convince him otherwise so I figured I would make them work. I saw several threads on 6x9 speakers, but I thought I would show everyone my photos/experience on my 94 ford ranger standard cab. For the wiring, I just used butt connectors.

For the rear speakers, I used 2 layers 3/4in board to push them away from the back of the cab because the magnet in the back was hitting the metal. I'm not sure if there was a better way to do this, but I'm 16 and had to do this project on my own so the cuts are the cleanest I know, but here are the pictures. I just used a jig saw and a drill. End result is that I have to keep the seat slider up one on both sides but on the plus side I can feel the seat vibrate when I turn the bass on :yahoo: however, just buy 6x8's or whatever normally fits in the hole. Would have made life soooo much easier but oh well. at least it was all free to me.

For the front, this is fairly common to use 6x9's. I just used the jig saw with the thin metal blade and it was a piece of cake. I also included the pictures of that and about how much I had to cut out.

Let me know if you have any suggestions/improvements. Like I said, I'm 16 and I just went for it. I also included a picture I took of someone else's post that I used for a reference in the wiring. Only one of the colors was correct at each corner, but there's only two options so it helped. (sorry the pictures are crooked - I'm not sure why)

Speaker 8.jpg
used a jigsaw and a drill

Speaker 9.jpg
1.5inches total thickness

Speaker 7.jpg
I had to mount the first piece first in the wholes where the old cover mounted, then I mounted the speaker on the second piece.

Speaker 5.jpg
Final product on drivers side.

Now for the front:
Speaker 10.jpg
the hole I had to cut

Speaker 1.jpg
Compared to the old speaker

Final products:
Speaker 2.jpg
Speaker 3.jpg
The door panel slid back over easily.

Attachments

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Very nice :icon_thumby:

I assume it sounds good too :D

dwintill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
:headbang::headbang:It sounds awesome.:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals