• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

6in is the goal

rangerscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I've got the knowledge on my motor transplant and am just waiting for a tranny and motor to come available at a reasonable price all I need now is some real advise on my ways to achieve this I'd like loads of flex and I know it can be done with a ttb I just would like some help from the infinite knowledge that is the internet I know I need dana35 and an 8.8 but what can you all tell me about getting where I want/need to be?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

rangerscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No body?

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There are some good articles in the tech library. However 6 with a d35 isn't gonna happen unless you booty fab it. A d45 would do it though but w old require MAJOR fabbing skills to get it on a rbv. It has been done though, all you need is money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

American1990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 1990 1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Build it, Break it, Re-build it stronger.
Sky jacker brackets, Skyjacker M60 shocks or Bilstein Shocks, F250 shock mount, Sky jacker coils, pro comp extended brake lines, either Superlift Superunner Steering System or sky jacker 6-8 Pittman drop arm to help steering, extended radius arms tuff country or sky jacker (or if you can fab your own), chevy 64 inch spring swap with shackle flip. This is a basic setup, this will perform great on and off road. It a basic build that I have almost on my truck at the moment. Plus the dana 35 and 8.8, with the 6 inches of lift your main problem will be your steering, my buddy at 5.5 inch lift and his steering is scaring when you hit a bump...he got major bump steer. Though he not using the 6-8 inch skyjacker arm but even then it will not be back to OEM standard.

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm a duff fan myself. But what will do you, right, and make you happy will cost you...

320ppi 23"? Eb coils, skyjacker axle pivots, superrunner steering, duff arms/xmember (heims beat bushings) duff coil buckets (positive coil retention, dual shock capable), numerous brands of braided stainless brake lines, chevy 63's if you have time/tools to do the little fab work, or deaver spring pack.

The only thing about my 5.5" duff lift is the coil springs. The 320ppi eb coils (i forget lenth needed) will be perfect. It handles like stock because of the dual shocks and superrunner steering. It costs about as much as a fair/lesser quality SAS.

Also you might as well do any diff work while you're under there. At least a cclip eliminator mod, and spicer 760x ujoints. Also warn manual hubs. Maybe chromo axles.

rangerscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If I do the 5.5in how much clearence do I have for 22/12.5/15?

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What's the nominal overall diameter of those? AFAIK you can clear 35's using a 6" lift and properly backspaced rims. Check your local laws on how far tires can stick out...

rangerscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Doesn't matter here

rangerscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
But yes I will be getting some good looking bushwakers

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals