• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

$6 per gallon of gas in Florida.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thats almost what we pay here in Ontario. Regular is about $5.20 a gallon, premium is over $6.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
That is actually the average price statewide. And some stations are under scrutiny as of last night. They are being investigated for price gouging. I just gassed up the Ranger coming back from Publix just about 10 min ago. I paid $3.45 for 87 grade at our local Chevron. The BP near us is $3.55. I saw another station, Hess and it was $3.56. By the middle of March the average pcice of 87 octane in the US will be approaching $6.00. Congress is looking into it this week.

NOW!!! SINCE WHEN DO WE GET OIL FROM IRAN??? This just pure 100 BS. The oil commodity traders who are jacking up the prices to line their pockets need to be taken and and cut into little pieces and then we should kill their families the same way.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
canada would be well over 1.60/L if they hadnt stepped in. its been hovering at $1.20, but just jumped to 1.27/L for 87. its always over $80 to fill up... so lame. its great that i hardly drive.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
*sits back and revels in his $2.71/gallon E85....*

...and I'm still hitting 17mpg on the highway and averaging 12-14mpg/tank. Just put in about 18 1/2 gallons for $50.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
NOW!!! SINCE WHEN DO WE GET OIL FROM IRAN??? This just pure 100 BS. The oil commodity traders who are jacking up the prices to line their pockets need to be taken and and cut into little pieces and then we should kill their families the same way.
It's not that we allegedly get oil from Iran, it's that they're threatening to blockade the Straight of Hormuz, where most oil shipments pass through when leaving the Persian Gulf....

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's not that we allegedly get oil from Iran, it's that they're threatening to blockade the Straight of Hormuz, where most oil shipments pass through when leaving the Persian Gulf....

And anybody with more than two brain cells knows their "blockade" won't hold for more than a couple days.

If they start jacking with oil prices like that they are going to get themselves on everybody's crap list in a real big hurry.

I am more worried about another war coming about than oil prices...

RustedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
James ya beat me to that answer....oil prices are high also because the value of the dollar keeps dropping....all oil is priced in dollars. When they do attack Israel has said they are considering the use of an EMP along the Straight of Hormuz to knock out conventional weapons that could easily shut it down. They say it may take until summer to get that cruise ship removed...imagine what a fully loaded oil tanker would take to get removed so shipping could resume in the Straight.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
And anybody with more than two brain cells knows their "blockade" won't hold for more than a couple days.

If they start jacking with oil prices like that they are going to get themselves on everybody's crap list in a real big hurry.

I am more worried about another war coming about than oil prices...
I'm concerned with all the gusto as well... all it takes is some little worm talking smack and bam - war. The tap was already turned off to England and France, and they were threatening to cut off oil to more countries in Europe like Germany. I think I read that 40% of all oil in the world comes thru the straight of hormuz, and as you can see, it'd be easy enough for them - they literally surround the straight.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Reason 325321567 that Florida sucks.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Damnit man don't get people all stirred up! Those prices are only at airport and tourist trap areas where this always happens.
Today the prices by me were $3.65 a gallon so let's knock off the nonsense.
^^^What he said. NBC news this morning said some places in California were already at $6.00 a gallon.........

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i live in san diego and when i got gas this morning it was a 415 and that was for regular. the closer i get to the beach the higher it goes up though

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The oil commodity traders who are jacking up the prices to line their pockets need to be taken and and cut into little pieces and then we should kill their families the same way.
I've got a buddy who trades oil futures. They don't set the prices. They guess what the future prices are going to be. They know how stupid people are going to be about reality instead of what they think is going to happen. He used to trade exotic metals, have you seen that lately? The whole system is nuts. I agree with you to some point. What happened to supply and demand? How does a gas station buy gas at some price, and magically it changes while it's underground? We should buy it with some margin over what they bought it for, not what they are going to have to re-fill it with. There is some real BS.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals