• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5R55E Delayed upshift under heavy throttle

Davenothere

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
The more you do, the more you are
Hello Folks, I am a newbie to TRS and this is my first post. Although I have been reading posts as a guest for years.
I bought a ranger for my first vehicle ten years ago and it is still my daily drive today. I recently picked up another ranger from a female aquantance whos mechanic duped her into thinking it was f&cked. She then sold it to me for $500 bucks. There was nothing wrong with it except the fact that she bought new tires but only on the rear and left the old tires on the front. Being a 4X4 truck this chewed up the transfer case a little and it doesn't shift in and out of 4X4 without backing up a little. not a big deal AFAIC. However it does have 380, 000 KM on it. I cleaned the MAF and replaced the O2 Sensors, put in a new set of plugs and the engine runs like a dream. The 5R55E is tired, although it still works flawlessy under light to moderate throttle, engages all gears with no delay and no slipping. Under Heavy throttle however it delays 1-2 upshift and under WOT will not upshift. I am considering replacing the valve body gaskets and solenoids, a process I have not done before. some specific questions I have are...what should I cross of the list first?..is there something silly like TPS or vacuum leak that could cause this issue? Thankyou for any input as it is greatly appreciated.

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
Someone here may know the answer to your questions but I suggest you post this question at http://www.network54.com/Forum/260730. That is the Ford Transmission Forum and people there are better at answering these types of in depth transmission questions.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals