• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'57 Dodge cab on '79 F150 4x4 chassis

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
this is my project im working on now, its the remains of my '79 f150, 4x4, 351m, c6. I took the cab off because it was rotted beyond belief, and bought a '57 Fargo 1 ton with a seized flathead 6 that's been sitting for about 10-15 years. the fargo was in suprisingly good shape. the floor and rockers and door are completely solid, only spot that needs some body work is the drivers fender, nothing too serious.
This feels like its been a never ending project. once i got the cab off the f150 frame i put a 4" lift in the front of it and cut out the majority of the rivets for grade 8 bolts, and wire wheeled and painted the front half of it.. for the rear i still need to install a new spring hanger and put in 2-3" of lift and sand and paint it. today i finally got the fargo cab sitting on the f150 chassis. feels like a huge milestone.

this is where i first found the fargo

on her way home

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
also this is my new DD, '93 power ram 4x4 cummins turbo diesel. cold air and exhaust and fuel pump tune is all thats done for now. 2.5" lift here waiting to go on and an exhaust and a m4 fuel pin.

shot with the bumper i made for her.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I am VERY jealous of the Cummins, I raelly want one of the box style Cummins. Is it a stick or crapamatic?

Me and my brother are fixing to start a 57 Dodge 1ton Rat rod project. He said he wanted an early Dodge truck to build and I found one at a local junkyard, just need to go pick it up. It will be cool to track yours to get ideas from. I think we are going to drop a built 400 or a 440 in it, I am trying to talk him into letting me build a custom bed for it (he was talking about flatbedding it and I don't agree with his idea on it).

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I love those style dodges! IMHO, it looked much better with the stock bumper.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals