• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

50/50 2000 ranger are they the same as 2000 Explorer??? please help

bamabones

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a nice looking 2000 ranger and it is in great shape and would love to keep it that way. that being said I cannot find custom fitted seat covers for the 50/50 bucket seats that are in it. Every website ive been to only acknowledges the 60/40 split. So my thought was that if the same year model explorer 50/50 seats are the same I would just order those seat covers. Please help!!!! Looking for anyone that can confirm or deny my thought process.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Sound reasonable, but I'm sure someone knows for sure.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I'm not sure the seat belt arrangement is the same. From the ones I've looked at, the Explorer seat belts anchor to a reinforced point on the tunnel. IIRC, the Ranger seat belt bolts to the seat itself. Sorry for not being 100% - I've gotten side tracked from working on my truck recently and it's a little hazy in my memory. I'll try to snap a picture later if someone else hasn't beaten me to it. I've got a couple of sets of Explorer seats floating around the basement.

bamabones

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure the seat belt arrangement is the same. From the ones I've looked at, the Explorer seat belts anchor to a reinforced point on the tunnel. IIRC, the Ranger seat belt bolts to the seat itself. Sorry for not being 100% - I've gotten side tracked from working on my truck recently and it's a little hazy in my memory. I'll try to snap a picture later if someone else hasn't beaten me to it. I've got a couple of sets of Explorer seats floating around the basement.
Thank you in advance! I’ve been pretty busy so haven’t had a lot of time to get to a junk yard and look to see if it has the same seats. If it does or they are really similar I can finally get my custom seat covers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals