• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5.0 ranger exhaust questions.

1988broncoll

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 89 ranger that I put a 5.0 HO in. I have not ran the exhaust yet it is just headers as off right now. I finished up all the wiring and am ready to run the exhaust. I am not sure of how I want to run it yet I was thinking dual 2.25 inch exhaust putting a high flow round cat. in each pipe then either going into a 2 in 2out muffler or running 2 mufflers and 2 tail pipes. My big thing is I have been trying to find some pics of what other people have done to see what works and what doesnt work so I know what to order as far as cats and muffles go. I am either going to be exiting the truck behind the tires on 45 degree angels or dumping at the rear. I am not sure yet let me know what some of yous have done for your exhaust set up. I am trying to get away from running a y-pipe.

5.0 red rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
what kind of headers did you use to put that motor in? i got a 89 ranger as well and ordered the jegs kit for 4x4 and im hoping that the headers i got will work any input or advice will be helpful

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would like to see also please

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
on the 84 302 ranger i had its true duals right out to the back, the left side piping is just run around the gas tank. Also mine has bullet mufflers on it, the one being longer to equalize the pressure on both sides, sounds amazing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals