• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4x4 std. cab.

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi folks, I hope this isn't too dumb of a question but can you special order a std cab 4x4 4cyl.

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I guess it's no, I contacted Ford to see if I could special order one and no answer in a week. I'm working overseas for the military and can't just walk in to a dealer and ask a question so I thought I would start here. I'm buying a house a little further away from my civilian job so I was just playing with the idea of a 4 cyl. instead of a FX4 purchase when I come home.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I may be mistaken, but I don't think they made any 4x4 4 cylinders after the Gen 2 (92) days. Certainly nothing with a duratec.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No.

I don't recall anything newer than 98 with a reg cab 4x4 4cyl. Why would you want a 4cyl 4x4 anyway? lol. I'd loooooove to have a 4.0L SOHC and regcab 4x4 shortbox...

locovaca I agree with. That's my thoughts as well.

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No.

I don't recall anything newer than 98 with a reg cab 4x4 4cyl. Why would you want a 4cyl 4x4 anyway? lol. I'd loooooove to have a 4.0L SOHC and regcab 4x4 shortbox...

locovaca I agree with. That's my thoughts as well.
I wonted a tough little truck that got good gas mileage Toyota and Chevy offers this I wonted a Ford, I had a 3.0 a few years ago and couldn't tell the difference between that and a 4 cyl. but I paid a few thousand more for the little six. Yes the 4.0 is a great engine but I don't think they offer that in a std cab ether. I'm just exploring options and getting opinions at this time so thanks for the responses.

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
since they quit makin the 3.0 v6 last year, i wonder wat the standard cab/short bed 4x4 will have for an engine? or if 4x4 will even be available wit that cab/bed configuration.

if 4x4 is available for the std cab/short bed, it could only be the 2.3 or the 4.0 and i gota feelin it wont be the 4.0

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
since they quit makin the 3.0 v6 last year, i wonder wat the standard cab/short bed 4x4 will have for an engine? or if 4x4 will even be available wit that cab/bed configuration.

if 4x4 is available for the std cab/short bed, it could only be the 2.3 or the 4.0 and i gota feelin it wont be the 4.0
Yeah that was my logic with this question, it looks like since there going to replace the ranger all together in a couple of years they might not offer a std cab 4x4 at all. I like the short wheel base in a off road, it's what made the jeep what it was/is. The Rangers are tuff little machines and are hard to kill, I'd like a new one.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

They don't have a 4x4 Std. Cab. They don't even offer a 4x4 2 door Ext Cab. You can only get 4x4 by going to a 4 door Extended cab.

No need for guessing, just go to Ford's website and look around :)

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yep....08 was the last year you were able to get a reg cab 4x4 with the 4.0. OF course, Ford has been known to create some freak rangers.....so I think there's still the possibility of getting the 4.0/reg cab/6ft box combo. Now, 4x4 option = xcab.

You can however, I believe, get a XL base model 2wd reg cab long bed with the 4.0.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals