• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4x4 light not working

McFuzzie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L V6
Transmission
Manual
Hello,

When I shift into 4x4 High the little "4x4" light on the dash board will not come on. This happens when I shift into 4x4 Low also, but the "Low Range" light comes on. I've checked the fuses and none of them are bad. I'm pretty sure my 4 wheel drive isn't broken because when I shift into 4x4 H it drives different. So what could be the problem? I have manual locking hubs and I don't have the push button system. I also have a 4.0L engine.

Thanks,

Kyle

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
perhaps the bulb is burned?

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats the first thing i would check....my old B2 used alot of those little tiny bulbs in the dash and 3 of them were dead when i bought it.

The next thing to check would be the switch that senses you are in 4x4....im guessing there has to be one somewhere on the transfer case or shifter.

McFuzzie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L V6
Transmission
Manual
Thats the first thing i would check....my old B2 used alot of those little tiny bulbs in the dash and 3 of them were dead when i bought it.

The next thing to check would be the switch that senses you are in 4x4....im guessing there has to be one somewhere on the transfer case or shifter.
Did you end up changing them? I popped off the trim around the dash board to check the bulb and I can't reach it. It looks like I have to take out the whole instrument cluster just to get to the bulb. Do I have to do that or am I over looking for something?

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
no u do. on my 98 its pretty simple idk bout older models tho

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals