• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4Wheelparts.com am I being reasonable.

Naddanme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So over a month ago I ordered a Skyjacker lift kit for my Ranger from 4wheelparts.com. After a week I emailed them to see when I could expect it to ship. They said they would look In To it and lmk. A week later still no word so I emailed again and got the same response. So after another week I called in and waited on hold for most of an hr was told I was next and the line went dead. I called back and waited 45 min. Talked to a nice guy that said he would call the manufacture and lmk. He couldn’t get answer right away and said he would lmk. So now it’s been another week. Over 4 so far and I still don’t even know when or if I’ll get my suspension. I emailed again to asked told them I needed an answer by the end of the week or I was gonna cancel. I got the same response again. I really don’t see how a company can take over $2,000.00 and think it’s ok to not give even an approx. date a month later. I’m sure if I cancel they’ll give my money back but I’ve already lost a month. So am I crazy to cancel? At this point I doubt I’ll have any summer left by the time I get it and get it installed.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
They should have at least had an answer as to when you could expect it. The vehicle is 25 years old and that plays a part in availability... I doubt Skyjacker builds a bunch now days.

I would call around and surf the net and see if you can find one in stock somewhere... cancel your order and just buy the available one.

Naddanme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Ive looked and haven’t found anywhere with it in stock. I’m worried I’d just end up starting my wait over. I’m not really upset that it’s taking more than a moth to get. Not that I’m happy about it lol. I know things are tough right now. But, I expect some effort to keep me informed.

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I think you've been more than patient. Its time to let them know you're angry. One more email. Explain the whole story, include dates of emails and phone calls, names of people you spoke to, etc. Tell them you really want the kit. But you're tired of getting the runaround. Tell them exactly what it would take to satisfy you. Keep your language clean and professional but very firm and assertive. Then let them know that if they can't or won't provide the product, you need an immediate and full refund of all money you sent. It wouldn't hurt to let them know you will give negative reviews on their website and any and all social media where you can find their presence.

That's just my opinion.

sheep herder

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, break it.
Depends on how bad you want the kit. The whole virus thing has a lot of things screwed up. Skyjacker may be operating at a very reduced capacity. Shipping times for everything are slow. And parts for 25 year old trucks aren't in high demand either so Skyjacker's priorities are probably aimed at newer vehicles.

But, 4wheelparts customer service sux in your case.

Naddanme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the support. I’m trying to be reasonable and patient. I know this a selfish thing to be mad about when so many people have real problems especially now. Here is what I wrote in my last email.

“My order number is xxxxxxxxxxx. I placed my order more than a month ago. I’ve been told 3 times that someone will contact me to let me know approximately when it will ship. But , I’ve never been contacted. I realize thing are busy and difficult right now But I need an approximate ship date this week or I will be canceling this order and all future orders.
Thank you“

I think that’s clear and more than fair. I’m sure they could get an answer if someone with some authority really tried. I’ve dealt with suppliers for a long time. Sometimes it takes some effort and going up the ladder but it can be done. I’m giving them till Monday at this point. I’m not sure if I’ll call and try again or just cancel. Just depends on my time and mood. Lol

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
I think you've been more than patient. Its time to let them know you're angry. One more email. Explain the whole story, include dates of emails and phone calls, names of people you spoke to, etc. Tell them you really want the kit. But you're tired of getting the runaround. Tell them exactly what it would take to satisfy you. Keep your language clean and professional but very firm and assertive. Then let them know that if they can't or won't provide the product, you need an immediate and full refund of all money you sent. It wouldn't hurt to let them know you will give negative reviews on their website and any and all social media where you can find their presence.

That's just my opinion.
idk man thats a lil harsh, what if its not their fault directly, and they honor a full refund and say a discount towards future purchase....would you leave them a bad review?

One bad review kills ten good ones. I'm only even arguing because shipping in general sucks nowadays due to the 'vid....so its at probably at worst partially their fault.

I know of few people who have been getting refunds due to shipping fiascos. Amazon is almost eager to refund, as if they sold it for too cheap, or can call it covid write off or something...

Or maybe its just the online store sucks or something, but its always been a pleasure doing business at their brick and mortar store here locally.
Plus their main warehouse is not too far, so they'll even will call it for customer pickup if I would rather fetch it myself than wait for shipping.

Perhaps I'm just getting defensive because I have a soft spot for 4wheelparts lol...Been going there since I was a kid, 3 re-locations ago when it was first called 4wheelparts Wholesalers! And a few wheeling buddies worked there at any given time during our misled youth (friend discounts galore!), I shoulda kept some of those stickers...simple days, good times, great memories....These are the rare moments I miss being me as a kid...

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I think its covid related shipping fiasco....it will eventually show up. If you want the parts, I say wait it out. Otherwise, I'm sure they won't make a refund difficult. You could probably get a partial refund/discount for the wait. I'm a quoter of you catch more flies with honey or however that goes

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Also I forgot to mention in my above reply and post that one time I needed a rare Rancho lift spindle that they didnt make anymore. Just one side. It took forever, and wasn't cheap, but the guys at my local 4wheelparts somehow got me one! Saved my ass.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
I would cancel. I've seen listings for new old stock kits for way less than that (unless it a 2nd Gen Explorer).

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The delay in getting the part isn't an issue for considering the situation with the nation at the moment. The lack of follow up by the company is another story. You have been more than fair and patient. Me personally, I would just accept that the product isn't available for now and cancel the order before you get potentially stuck in perpetual wait mode for a kit that might be a long wait for.

They should at least be telling you what the manufacturer is telling them and offer the option for you to keep the order going or cancel it. Based on your current service, would you trust them to be there later if there turns out to be something wrong with it? I wouldn't.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, EVERYTHING is jacked up right now.

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Fire their asses. How much lift do you want? 2" is stupid easy with coil spring spacers, and frankensteining the rear leaves isn't difficult. 4" you probably want extended radius arms. Nothing really complicated.

Naddanme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Lol. I already did the spacers. Yea I’m looking for the extended arms etc. think at least 4”. Plus I want something that can handle rough trails comfortable. That’s why I got the Ranger for my wife to off-road. She can’t handle the jerky ride of my Jeep on the rough stuff.

If I had it to do over I’d have ordered the James Duff stage 3 suspension instead. From what I read sounded like the Skyjacker was softer. After waiting 2 weeks with out a reply I emailed Dufftuff how long it would be to get the lift. They got back to me in an hour and said 4-5 weeks. So I decided to just wait it out with 4wheelpart.com. That was a mistake. Lol

Last edited:

JMF661

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Tire Size
31” x 10.5”
You are being reasonable.

That kind of sucks, I ordered a Skyjacker kit from them backing March, the only issue I had was two of the bilstein shocks were missing. They told me to expect them in a few days, the bilsteins showed up on my porch two days later.

I hate being the "get me your supervisior" guy, but I think thats what you should do. They should get you the parts, or give you a refund at this point.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals