• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4-Door Ranger?!?!

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Thats nice, but I dont want a 3' bed. I just want the cab to put on a stretched frame.
Yeah but everyone else keeps drooling over the foreign Ranger with the same size bed as the Sport Trac. If they want that configuration so bad, why don't they just buy the Sport Trac? I really don't get it.

Smurf Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
I agree that the first gen sport track's have a ranger/explorer front suspension and we have quite a few of them around, although never for sale.

However live in Tucson and see a 4-door Ranger almost every day sometimes 2 and I can tell you that they have a very different cab and bed than the sport track. It's still not a very usable bed or cab, but neither do the old Tacomas and they sure as hell have a niche in the 'truck' market.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
All the makers build a 4 door mid truck and for some reason they are the favorite family car for the rural living locals. All of them suffer from the same issues. Ever try riding in the back seat of one? None of them have any cargo area. Might as well just buy a suv and get it over with.

Just for a few laughs I'll ask my friend that owns a second hand parts store if he can find any cabs. I'll also find out what they cost. I suppose that if you know how to weld stretching the frame wouldn't be much of a chore. I have my B4000 apart at the moment and it looks that you could add a section to the frame pretty easily. The drive shaft carrier bearing thing might be a bit of a trick though. While you are at it you could put some duallys and flares on it and have a mini F350.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Want

That looks nothing like the sport trac. IMO sport trac's are not attractive trucks/suv's/whateverthehellyoucallit. I want one cause it would be nice to have the extra space and seats every now and then. Plus I rarely use my bed now.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Last edited:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Once again, Ford already DID sell that here, except for the diesel part. You can argue all day whether the Sport Trac is/was a 4 door Ranger or not, but the fact is, it was a 4 door, it had the exact same size bed as the foreign 4 door Ranger, same payload as a Ranger, and same drivetrain. If they had different sheet metal Ford could've easily called it a Ranger.

They didn't sell that well. If they did, Ford would still be making them. So, next time you wonder "why don't they sell those here?" Well, there's your answer.
I guess i did not get a good look at how long thy were some of the photo i have seen seemed like thy had a regular bed on them, my bad i guess.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Dont give me any more ideas, thank you. :D
Sadly enough the other day while stretched out in the hammock in the garage drinking a cold :beer: I found myself looking at the B4000 and tried to imagine what it would look like with duallys and flares. Then I was disturbed by the image of my wife when I would try to justify the expense and reason for doing it. That pleasant daydream died an ugly death. LOL

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Sadly enough the other day while stretched out in the hammock in the garage drinking a cold :beer: I found myself looking at the B4000 and tried to imagine what it would look like with duallys and flares. Then I was disturbed by the image of my wife when I would try to justify the expense and reason for doing it. That pleasant daydream died an ugly death. LOL
I can justify the quad cad to my wife. We have a little one still in a car seat. The car seat takes up the pass seat, so I cant carry a passenger. :icon_thumby: The dually conversion, well, I'd just have to sneak that in at the same time.

Here, you dont have to imagine quite as hard:

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
I like that rack over the cap setup. But you just had go and show me a picture. I better put the thought out of my mind now or I will be back in the garage with the torch and the welder trying to figure out how to make it happen. I suppose dually adapter hubs aren't that difficult to come up with. Just paying that astronomical shipping from USA to here.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
IIRC, those are Splash/ step side fenders on a fleetside bed. The steps were cut off and that area was rebuilt with fiberglass.

David88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2006
Make / Model
Ford/Jeep
Engine Size
2.9L/3.7L
Transmission
Manual
You know.... if you wanted to build a crewcab Ranger you just have to figure out the cab part really. To do the bed you just need a donor truck, lop off the frame behind the new cab and with about six inches sticking out. Notch it, do the same to the frame on the donor truck to extend the frame. Then you get to spend time splicing wire, bending brake lines, and running new fuel line.

Not sure of a quick way to do the cab, unless you section out and explorer's rear doors, cut the back of your cab off, weld on the explorer section then your cab section.

I suppoe that's a way to do it with junkyard parts.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
You know.... if you wanted to build a crewcab Ranger you just have to figure out the cab part really.
Thats already figured out, we just need them smuggled here. :secret:

To do the bed you just need a donor truck, lop off the frame behind the new cab and with about six inches sticking out. Notch it, do the same to the frame on the donor truck to extend the frame. Then you get to spend time splicing wire, bending brake lines, and running new fuel line.
Thats the easy part.

Not sure of a quick way to do the cab, unless you section out and explorer's rear doors, cut the back of your cab off, weld on the explorer section then your cab section.

I suppoe that's a way to do it with junkyard parts.

The 2 bodies are surprisingly different. It could be done if you really wanted to. I've taken measurements and put a lot of the parts that would be needed next to each other. I also have a stockpile of Ranger and Explorer door, in case I ever get around to doing it.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
4 door rangers are damn ugly.

just like any 4 door mini truck. their hideous. and useless.
no idea why anyone buys them.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
4 door rangers are damn ugly.

just like any 4 door mini truck. their hideous. and useless.
no idea why anyone buys them.
Cause some of us like them

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
some of you are weird.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals