• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.6l Mustang Injectors??

deadatmind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I found a killer deal on 6 injectors with fuel rail and regulator all for $25 on CL in my area.

Would they be a worthy upgrade for my 4.0 before I slap it in my Bronco II? Where can I find more info on how much fuel they output and such? I did some Googling but haven't found quite what I'm looking for...

Thanks

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It would be a useless waste of money...

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Swapping injectors around for larger ones on a relatively stock engine will not do anything positive.

deadatmind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Haha. Question answered!

Thank you!

deadatmind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I read a post somewhere around here about someone who put a small turbo on a 4.0 and just put bigger injectors in and it "seemed" fine.

I've got a tiny Eclipse turbo and BOV laying around after I helped a buddy upgrade them in his car. I was thinking... well, you know what I was thinking. Probably not advisable even with just a 5psi boost eh?

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Unless you have a wideband 02 sensor you have no idea what the air/fuel ratio is or if it's correct, to me it's like playing with fire.

I'd bet an eclipse turbo would be way too small for 4.0. Forced induction is where larger injectors are really needed, even then you better be sure and have it tuned properly. I just put 42lb injectors in my Dakota but I'm running the injectors with Megasquirt so it's tuned properly and it seems I'm already pushing the limits of these injectors and may need to go bigger again or at least up my fuel pressure.

deadatmind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I do plan to have a f/a ratio gauge and boost gauge/controller all before I even put this stuff on the motor. I already have half the stuff laying around, why not put it on something that only cost me $200 for the whole rig, right?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals