• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0L headers

e-ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey,

I've got a '90 Ranger with a 4L, automatic transmission, and is 2wd. I got the truck for free and it's in reasonably good condition. After changing the oil, cleaning the throttle body, and changing the spark plugs and wires, the truck runs excellent. My only concern is that the motor seems to have an exhaust leak. I haven't checked into it too much, but if I do find that it is a blown gasket on the exhaust flange, I'm just going to go with headers. I hate manifolds and because I got the truck for free, I don't feel bad about adding some performance parts that will also increase fuel economy as well as get some "ugly" out from out of the hood.

My question to you, the collective TRS, is where can I get some shorties that will mate to the stock exhaust? I've looked around but haven't been too terribly successful. Thanks in advance.

Erik

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
all headers out there come with a new y-pipe that bolts up to the catalytic converter.

e-ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I saw those on Summit and Jegs, I just didn't realize that the Y-pipe bolted to the stock converter. Thanks though.

alain

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They're no gasket between the manifold and the exaust pipe. It's probably the exaust flange that is rusted through.

dmanmccann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Do headers really show a difference in the 4.0?? I have heard both sides of that story...I want headers after the exhaust but are they worth 200-400 Dollars???...also is sound improved any?

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
4 wheel drive parts carries JBA and they are cheaper than summitracing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals