• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 swap help on the quuick!

Rangermilitia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, for the m
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Long storyshort.. 93 explorer 4.0 with auto trans going into 2.9 manual. Need to know if the plate that mates between the motor and trans are different between manual trans and auto?

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your answer is in the 2.9 forum where you posted the same question..
Big JIm

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've been told different.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The plate IS different.

The word "MANUAL" or "AUTO" is stamped into the STEEL plate in 1/2" tall letters.

AD

Rangermilitia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, for the m
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok got the plate done n engine is in... but having a hell of a time doing the wiring. What is the best way to integrate harnesses? So far I have a motor out of a 93 explorer with auto trans and abs brakes. Going into 87 ranger with a manual trans. I have been trying to do a harness out of a 94 explorer with auto trans but no abs. Would it be easier to use the 93 with abs harness or 94 without? Super stumped please heeeeeelp. Ill go to the junk yard n get whatever I have to to make it as easy as possible.

Rangermilitia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, for the m
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
4.0 swap helllllllllpppppp

engine is in... but having a hell of a time doing the wiring. What is the best way to integrate harnesses? So far I have a motor out of a 93 explorer with auto trans and abs brakes. Going into 87 ranger with a manual trans. I have been trying to do a harness out of a 94 explorer with auto trans but no abs. Would it be easier to use the 93 with abs harness or 94 without? Super stumped please heeeeeelp. Ill go to the junk yard n get whatever I have to to make it as easy as possible.

Rangermilitia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, for the m
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
4.0 swap hhheeeellllppp!

engine is in... but having a hell of a time doing the wiring. What is the best way to integrate harnesses? So far I have a motor out of a 93 explorer with auto trans and abs brakes. Going into 87 ranger with a manual trans. I have been trying to do a harness out of a 94 explorer with auto trans but no abs. Would it be easier to use the 93 with abs harness or 94 without? Super stumped please heeeeeelp. Ill go to the junk yard n get whatever I have to to make it as easy as possible.

masterbrenden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2010
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
3.0l v6/4.0l v6
Transmission
Automatic
i would use the 93 harness just because the plugs are all there and as far as the abs goes
if the abs pump is not hooked up and light is taken out of the dash you will never know it is there... just tape off the plugs of cut the covering off the harness and feed the wiring out of it(lightening the harness) that my two cents

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals