• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 ohv ultimate performance build lets go nuts

loneranger009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
im building a new engine for my 1995 ranger its not gonna be my daily driver much longer so im gonna go nuts. the 4.0 ohv is at this moment a bare block in my garage. heres what i have planned so far tom morana 4.3 stroker kit, stage 3 heads, performance cam, sts twin turbo setup on at about 12lbs each with a custom true dual exhause and pace setter headers and all the other little goodies i forgot to mention valves lifters ect. im not sure how much power ill make or if itll blow itself up in the first mile but itll be a cool engine for my future show truck im going to keep posting as parts come in and work gets done just wondering what people think ill take any other suggestions as well

cost is no issue for my baby::icon_hornsup:

SeanWilson

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
dude why not do like Got302ci and do a 4.6 swap, his is so clean and perfect that it looks better then factory stock and is dead sexy. :hottubfun:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133179

thats his thread link, it is by far the best documented with pictures and descriptions its basically a how-to for this swap

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dont see many bad ass ohv 4.0s. ive also wanted to do this. im interested.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
dont see many bad ass ohv 4.0s. ive also wanted to do this. im interested.
It could be a waste of money since a V8 will be the best way to go. I have friends who have spent way too much on building a 4.0 then junked it and got a V8 and with a mild build the V8 out performed their overpriced 4.0 build. Lots to think bout, I know but the V8 is better by far. Whenever my 4.0 goes out I am putting in a V8. After driving several Rangers with a V8 it is so really nice to have really great power and I love the sound coming from a V8 Ranger.

RustedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
If cost is no issue then go with a turbo'd all aluminum V-8 :)

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah but what about thoze of us lookig to keep the ttb? i know a 5.0 only weighs 100 lbs more but will the ttb on 35s handle the extra power and weight? what about the tranny?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals