• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 ford ranger a/c not working after thermostat housing change

sleprock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had 88 ranger 4
Make / Model
had 98 purple 3
Engine Size
now 04 tremor 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
big
My credo
you can always try!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I over heated my 4.0 ranger 2004 and a/c quit reserched a/c issues on web and didn't find right answer so here goes, if you are as unlucky as me when you get one issue it leads to another, a/c now working but coulprit was eather a bad water temp sensor at tstat housing or bad wire that hooks up,
04 tremor ranger with 4.0 has 2 senors on tstat housing, one must have been bad becase after tSTAT HOUSINGE CHANGE a/c would not work fixed overheat but a/c did not work after!!!! and its hot right now!!! 2 sensors on tstat housing, was not sure if I did not hookem up same after doing housing but tstat senor was bad because I switche dthen and onewas bad along with wires came out of wire hookup to sensor pushed out back of terminal., swaped senors and taped wirse down and now a/c ids workin, so if you vant find a/c problem after over heat check compresser first( jumped oyut a/c relatya t bow wiytgh paperclip , don't forget temp sensors is a/c not working.

posting this because I didn't find anything g on web that mentioned it as potentale probeleme but fixed my a/c. just a fyi/ love ranfgers but looking to get wife 20220 or 2021 bronco.
P.S. been drinking its late and I just fixed ac and hour and a half ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( nope not a good speller})

P>S>S

sleprock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had 88 ranger 4
Make / Model
had 98 purple 3
Engine Size
now 04 tremor 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
big
My credo
you can always try!!!!!!!!!!!!11
man I cant spell anyway was posted to help somebody out if they got as lost as me!!!! anyway go ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals