• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 clean fuel line hook up

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
converting my 2.9 auto to A 4.0 m50d got it set in there hooking it all in trying to keep things reliable and clean any problems you guys had would be greatly appreciated right now i'm focused on these fuel lines!

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats kinda on line with what i'm thinking but would I have to pull out the tank on the car and change the line all the way back? Probably have to take apart the donor B2 as well. I was hoping for A way to put A joint in part way back.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The other thing you could do is pull the front part. Filter forward. You'll have to splice the return line and the vent line but it's no biggy as it low pressure.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
you can actually get the full run of fuel line out of a Bronco2
without droppingthe tank.

It's a bit of a PITA coaxing it throught he tight spots but it WILL come out,
I've done it twice in the past...

AD

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
I took all the lines from the 4.0 back to the filter. I moved the factory bronco II filter back in the frame, this allowed me to install the fuel lines to the engine crossmember on the driver side frame rails just like the 4.0 lines were factory. I had to make some short lines with fuel injection hose and clamps from the pump to the filter. Looks very clean.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys I'll try those approaches and try starting at the filter or another joint my 86 has those plastic lines and both my donors have metal ones I figured something that will work but I'm not proud of it plus I know these are the things that makes A good conversion that lasts for years.

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
The stock explorer fuel filter will snap right onto the factory BII plastic line. Same style line, just different type of release. I made a very short adapter line on my 86 BII. Pretty much hub/hub with the two straight factory plastic barbed ends. Go easy with a razor knife and you can remove the line and keep the barbed end. I made a very short end with fuel injection hose from the parts store. My line from BII fuel pump to explorer fuel filter is maybe 2''s long. Worked out perfectly for mounting the steel lines from the explorer in the same place as they were.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just did a little surgery on the tubing and it came out pretty good it's one of those frustrating jobs but you guys got me on track about going under the car and working on the plastic tubing and it's the right length an everything,happy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals