• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

37x13.5x15 Mickey Thompson Claws

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I've got a chance to buy 5 37x13.5x15 Mickey Thompson bias ply Claws for $600.00. One tire is brand new, never installed. Other 4 are about 60% remaining. Too big of tire for a D35/8.8 combo ??

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes, too big, snappity snappity

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
For the price, i'd run them. Warrlord ran 38's fully locked with detroits in both diffs in the rocks without much problem.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Your truck a Supercab or no?

I'd say you'll be fine as long as you don't get rough on it.
Get the Jeep hubs, Spicer 760s, and full-round clips. This should help keep breakage to a minimum.
Same goes for the 8.8, don't try to do a burnout with it.

IIRC, Warrlord broke two front shafts (and a set of cheapie stock hubs) in the same number of years crawling the Colorado Rockies with 38" TSLs on his big ol' Supercab truck (this was with stock u-joints though, not the 760s).

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Your truck a Supercab or no?

Yes, super cab.

I'm kinda torn as to get them or not. I don't want to be busting axles but it's a decent deal.:dunno:

Thanks for all the input.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if u wheel with a heavy heavy right foot like i do, u will be experience massive breakage

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
you should buy them and let me run them! Seriously though.....who has them?

-andrew

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
if u wheel with a heavy heavy right foot like i do, u will be experience massive breakage
keep in mind most people have a sense of self preservation and preservation of there vehicles integrity. not to many people REALLY beat the piss out of there vehicle. most people will not make multiple attempts at any challenge with the pedal to the floor bouncing off the rev limiter in an attempt to successfully complete the challenge. there are very few people who wheel that way. most are to worried about breaking something or rolling over to take that approach. i can honestly say i have been wheeling with over a hundred different people in the few years i have been wheeling and only 4-6 people have taken the "**** it, i will clean up the disaster later" approach. I am one of those people and another one of those people only broke 1 31spline 8.8 shaft on 36s in over a year of hard wheeling a locked TJ.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
keep in mind most people have a sense of self preservation and preservation of there vehicles integrity. not to many people REALLY beat the piss out of there vehicle. most people will not make multiple attempts at any challenge with the pedal to the floor bouncing off the rev limiter in an attempt to successfully complete the challenge. there are very few people who wheel that way. most are to worried about breaking something or rolling over to take that approach. i can honestly say i have been wheeling with over a hundred different people in the few years i have been wheeling and only 4-6 people have taken the "**** it, i will clean up the disaster later" approach. I am one of those people and another one of those people only broke 1 31spline 8.8 shaft on 36s in over a year of hard wheeling a locked TJ.

i wheel with the **** it attitude, if it breaks i can fix it, i always been that way, i used to shit out 31 spline 8.8 axles like they were candy, on 35" tsl's, i want to know that what i built what i put together used to its fullest potential will make it through any given obstacle, and if it doesnt it means i didnt do my job as i should have

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
i wheel with the **** it attitude, if it breaks i can fix it, i always been that way, i used to shit out 31 spline 8.8 axles like they were candy, on 35" tsl's, i want to know that what i built what i put together used to its fullest potential will make it through any given obstacle, and if it doesnt it means i didnt do my job as i should have
so far no failure on 5 runs with the d35 (open) and 31 spline 8.8(mini spool) on 33 inch TSLs. i am slowly finding there is a BIG line between those that wheel with an attitude that is ready willing and able to fix what ever the "**** it" attitude gets them into compared to everyone else. its actually kinda odd how many people THINK they wheel to there fullest potential until they see someone who has the "**** it" attitude.

just keep in mind most people are not ready willing and able to beat there rigs to the point were they do one of the following succeed/break/rollover/smash something badly before they give up.

he mite wheel just fine on 37s without any major repeated failures.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
he mite wheel just fine on 37s without any major repeated failures.

he might....but only if I don't buy them first!

-andrew

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yes, super cab.

I'm kinda torn as to get them or not. I don't want to be busting axles but it's a decent deal.:dunno:

Thanks for all the input.
Weight of a Supercab does put more strain on it...

I guess if you find yourself breaking too much, you can always step back down to 35s, or maybe keep the 37s and splurge on a D60/10.25" combo. Then you'd be able to do the "f**k-it" style wheeling without worry lol.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I can clear them....he should buy my Krawlers, they're the best tire I've ever ran and they rock in winter, which opposes every idea of what makes a good winter tire....

Last edited:

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I've decided that they'll be too big. I'll stick with my original plan of 35" , 36" MAX tires.

37" MAY be ok if I was staying with the 2.9 but I've got something much more powerful-- and torquey --going in.

When I'm in a situation ( stuck ) I like to be able to mash on the gas and not worry too much about breaking something, within reason.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
So.....got a deposit down on these, should be rockin them as soon as I can get my prerunner fenders on......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals