• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

351w cam position sensor

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering if anyone on here has successfully made a 351w cam position sensor without machining. I called price motorsport and I told him I already have a shaft that will work so could he sell me just the housing and he said they won't have any 351 cps for at least 3 months and didn't sound too happy about selling just a housing anyways. So I made one out of my 5.0 housing and a 3.8 shaft. The gears line up perfectly and once it's in the block with the oil pump shaft pressed in the bottom there's really not much play at all. And I spun the crank over with a socket to make sure everything was turning and it was. In the pic the retainer is off for now but I have it and it fits perfectly too. I took it off the 351 distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not trying to be completely cheap on making this thing but I really want something I can rebuild myself without having to call a company and order the parts I need at a way higher price. Thanks for any help

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad