• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

350 Sbc

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
has anyone ever put a 350 into a ranger? I have a Camaro with a body thats to rusted to fix so i was thinking of pulling the engine and dropping it into my 2wd 86 ranger. I figure ill need custom mounts, and driveshaft. I have a 4 core rad out of an explorer and i plan on doing the 8.8 swap when the engine goes in. the camaro is an 81 so i figure i could use all the wiring from the camaro and its carb'd so it shouldn't be to complicated. i also plan on doing either a 2 or 3" body lift so i figure there shouldn't be too many clearance issues.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
theres a member by the name of chvlfrk whos got a 355 chebby in his 94. you might send him a PM for specifics.

as far as fitment goes, it'll be about the same as a sbf swap...and theres tons of info on the net about that.

heres chvlfrk's site: CLICKY

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
Also does anyone know if the speedo cable from a TH350 will work on a ford speedo?

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Sure!!!

has anyone ever put a 350 into a ranger? I have a Camaro with a body thats to rusted to fix so i was thinking of pulling the engine and dropping it into my 2wd 86 ranger. I figure ill need custom mounts, and driveshaft. I have a 4 core rad out of an explorer and i plan on doing the 8.8 swap when the engine goes in. the camaro is an 81 so i figure i could use all the wiring from the camaro and its carb'd so it shouldn't be to complicated. i also plan on doing either a 2 or 3" body lift so i figure there shouldn't be too many clearance issues.
YES, twice! Solid Moroso motor mounts(both top & bottom) or motor plate it (EASIEST IMO), you will need a T350 yoke & special U-joint, steerin shaft will have to modified, and if you run a SMALL electronic distributor (Mallory Unilite or late 80's, early 90's type) you won't have any firewall clearance issue (hindsight on my part).

Also does anyone know if the speedo cable from a TH350 will work on a ford speedo?
NO! Totally different connections @ speedo & trans:blush:............I'd go with some Autometer or Iequuis gauges & instumentation that will fit in the original 86 Ranger bezel...................

I've got a 87 Supercab that will be my next project, but it will be a DD and have just a mild SBC V8:clapping:............

If I can help, just drop me an email *a355ranger@bellsouth.net*

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
I think this will be my winter project, I'm sure ill be emailing you once this project gets moving. i figured i would have to use an aftermarket speedo, but i figured i should ask before spending money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals