• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

302 with 351 Windsor heads ?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I thought you guys would like to see this lol I'm thinking about giving this guy a call to talk to him about the 302 race block with 351 heads .....

Attachments

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
What is He calling a race block? Is that what He calls a roller block? And again, the 351 heads really depends on which heads they are.

Sent from the can - literally this time

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
He's saying its a 302 racing motor with 351 heads

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
since my engine is on the high-performance side. i run a Holley ecm, which has far more tuneability than any OEM ecm.
Your stuck in the 70's, man. Any OBD2 stock ECU can be tuned easily and far supercede any carb on the market, period. We can argue this point til the end of time, but the fact of the matter is, Ford no longer uses carbs on their motors since 85. There is a reason for that, technology has proved that efi is superior to carb. With either of my explorer motor setups, I can change timing, spark, and fuel curves without popping my hood or grabbing a wrench, in less than 2 minutes. Unless you have an aftermarket ignition system on a carb motor, you can't adjust spark curve. I can adjust any of the three at any rpm. If I want more fuel at a given rpm, say like 15% more fuel between 2500 and 3200 rpm, cause that's where the torque band is, I can do that with efi, you can't with a carb, not without affecting air/fuel ratios for the rest of the rpm band. Don't get me wrong, carbs work for some people, but they are yesterday's technology...

SVT

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Your stuck in the 70's,
you crack me up :icon_rofl:

i would say not only are you getting this all wrong, you are stuck in the '90s. i'm not stuck in the '70s dude, i'm with the now

there isn't a single factory OBDII ecm I am aware of that can run 24 injectors. tune itself, run not only ford style IAC, but the GM step-style IAC. it can run not 1, but 2 drive by wire throttle bodies, 12 channel dis output, works with both bosh, and NTK sensors, integrated water/methanol injection controls, integrated data logging. stores 4 different tunes internally, and has individual/independant fuel and spark tables for each cylinder (most OEMOBDII ecms don't have a capacity to do that) I got my ecu used for $300.00 btw (they sell new for $900.00)

http://www.holley.com/data/types/pictures/DominatorECUintros.jpg

you can't adjust spark curve. I can adjust any of the three at any rpm. If I want more fuel at a given rpm, say like 15% more fuel between 2500 and 3200 rpm, cause that's where the torque band is
but I can tell you that since I can also program for each individual cylinder I have control over 4 dimensions at any given RPM, not the "3" that you are touting as "better".

so just like I said, mine has way more tuneability/capability than some OEM OBDII ecm. It would take a mentally disabled person to argue against that.

Last edited:

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
*edit I read your post again, it seemed like you might have mis-read my post, and somehow thought I was talking about a carburetor? (I did say ECM or ECU though) if you somehow thought I was talking about a carburetor, i'm sorry. I think we are both on the same "EFI is awesome" page. Just with a misunderstanding

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
*edit I read your post again, it seemed like you might have mis-read my post, and somehow thought I was talking about a carburetor? (I did say ECM or ECU though) if you somehow thought I was talking about a carburetor, i'm sorry. I think we are both on the same "EFI is awesome" page. Just with a misunderstanding
that is exactly what happened.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
btw cammeddrz,

your bronco is looking awesome:headbang:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
No harm, no foul. And yeah, I was talking about carburetor vs efi, not aftermarket efi vs stock efi...

SVT

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
The Windsor heads interchange, and the dowel pins in a 302 block will hold the 351 head in position just fine without accounting for the larger bolt holes.
on a stock engine sure.

anything abused or hi compression or pushing air will pop gaskets in short order.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals