• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

30-31 Model A

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Are you planning on boxing your link mounts? Just a thought if you weren't already

I agree about the frame horns, that look is so much cleaner
They dont really need it once they are burned on good but I might end up doing it with 11 gauge bent to shape steel caps for looks and a lil more support. I like that shaved look also but never had to cut any off just made the rails look that way with the plas and quarter inch flat stock

Last edited:

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
20220618_111047.jpg

Picked up an 8 inch rear today from a Maverick, I thought it was a 9 inch at first so I just jumped on it, but anyway I might throw this in instead of the exploder 8.8 not necessarily for its strength but a with a Mild 351w and C4 it should hold up fine pending I dont do to many 5-6k launches from a dig.....

Last edited:

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I would wisecrack about someone parting out a new Maverick truck already, but I know better. :LOL: It's impressive you found one of the old Mavericks somewhere. Everyone rags on '70s cars, but in some ways they were better than a lot of more recent stuff. Also, remember that 8–inch rear is larger than the 7.5–inch diff that many Rangers have.

While you've still got it out, change the axle bearings and seals and the lube. Yeah, you probably planned to anyway, but sometimes I like to preach to the choir. :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad