Progress!!! . . . sort off!
Last week, beautiful day, had ever intention of going out to the garage and getting stuff done. Laid down on bed while changing out of my work clothes and next thing I know my wife is asking if I wanted to say good night to the kids because it was there bed time. I had slept the night away
babies are hard.
I knew engine mounts were going to be a challenge since I couldn't find anybody that had done this swap before, so I went into this knowing I was going to need custom mounts. I went to one of my favorite stores in town, Steelmart. Give you two guesses in what they specialize in
. Got a 7 foot long, 5 inches wide, 5/16 thick off cut for 25$. It's the thickest I can go with my welder and it probably WAY overkill for what I need. I used the F150 mounts that were on the engine already (they were messed up from the crash) as a template to cut out the start of my mounts.
They aren't pretty, but I can clean them up after I finish them.
What is Pretty is the frame in the engine compartment. Finally finished getting the rust treated and everything painted as well as I could. There was one hole I had to patch and I refuse to put up pictures of that mess... worst welding I have ever done, kept blowing through the frame welding in the patch panel. Probably not a good sign; I don't think I will be taking this frame to the drag strip like I had hoped.
I have been getting parts in though. I have all the parts to get fuel from my tank to the engine. Ended up getting Earl's Vapor guard hose and fittings. Glorified rubber hose, but it seem a lot easier to fix then your "normal" AN fuel lines if I am road tripping the truck and the fuel system gets issues.
also got a bunch of bulk brake line to replace all the nasty rusted junk. Need to pick up all the hoses to replace the stuff I have... I was going to just reuse my brake hoses, but I stripped one out by accident, and they do look to be on the gross side. Might as well replace them all.
also picked up one of these:
The ideal being I can drill a hole, insert the thread insert, and bolt on a P-clamp and get ride of the stupid plastic clips holding the brake and fuel lines in place.
Hoping I can get the engine in the truck this weekend, but we will see how things go.