• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 Vulcan Hot Rodding

gtJim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92, and 1993
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
Greatly Improve the power of your 3.0 Vucan engine with a few simple mods... Check out "The Vulcan" site on you tube. This young man points out some basic hot rod techniques that really liven up this great little Ranger engine.. I found his site by accident and believe it worthy of passing along his hard earned knowledge... My hat is off to this young hot rodder

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Umm...

I only made it through a few minutes of the video. But at some point did he make a change that would have actually -done- something useful?

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I invested the 12 minutes.

Not sure if he meant tune, intake, exhaust on the panther or the ranger. The fact he trial and errored the airflow situation post maf to realize there is something to the velocity...I don't think he was dyno tuning the ranger....just a blind squirrel finding a nut....and good for him, and now us for sharing that nut.

Kid needs to buy hp tuners and run the 06 taurus system in full with milled heads and cam with dyno time.

That or mega squirt with 5 pounds of jinkmo turbo pushing air to it.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I just moved this to the 3.0L forum...

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 98 3.0 auto, has a custom exhaust with no mufflers, dual pipes exiting before the tire. MAC CAI, and JET chip. I love the way it runs. So much so, it's in getting a shift kit, 4.10s and a locker.

As for the intake, argue all you want. I tried putting the stock intake on once after the CAI. Hated it, felt like a gutless slug. It doesn't with the CAI. It's because the stock tube from the MAF to the TB is pinched way down in diameter, which starves it for high rpm airflow. The tube on there now is a full three inches all the way across. I supply air to it via a hose going up to the bumper, and two scoops on the hood directly over the filter. My friend Rick, the guy doing the latest stuff, says it's a great running truck, and the new mods will make it even better.

Then I just need to decide if I want to fix up it's looks, or leave it as a beater. Decisions, decisions.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals