• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 swap question

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
I thought I had a 4.0 truck bought for a swap but it fell through. The 3.0 in my truck was bad when I bought it and I have been looking for another 3.0. Every salvage yard I call wants to know the year. they say they don't have any 99-04 3.0 engines. why couldn't I swap an older one or a newer one in? I know I would have to change some stuff over but that isn't a big deal. I found a 93 3.0 truck with 101k on it and it has the same color bed as my truck even

NIPs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.5L 4Cyl
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
One shot one Kill
for one the engines may be the same in theroy or u would at least think they would be, but in 93 it may have been a disturbutor, and in the later year it may have been coils or coil plugs, things like cam position sensor may not have been on that engine in 93, things like that i know its hard to find a 3.0 or 2.5, im looking for a 2.5 or 2.3 and i cant find 1 close to my year at any of the junk yards by me, so im gona attempt to do a 3.0 which share the same engine mounts and trans mission as the 2.5

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad