• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 Muffler Opinions

PRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey looking for a cheap option to get a little rumble out of my 3.0. I have heard lots of youtube videos and I seem to be leaning towards buying a Flowmaster 40 off craigslist or maybe a Thrush Weld. I would like to either keep stock pipes or have it exit in front of passenger rear tire if there is an easy way to do that myself. I can weld but I dont have anything to bend pipe. Any help is appreciated.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Flowmaster 40 is good. I have one and I love it. I used Thrush years ago and they are a bit noisy for me but they are god mufflers. All us hot rodders have used them years ago.....like the Hush Thrush which was better on the streets so the cops would not pull us over for noise violations on cruise nights to the diners and drive-in movies.

PRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I guess this post was pretty newbie. but this is my first vehichle(thankfully a ranger) so I wasn't sure. It was as easy as looking at the local auto parts store. Bought a flowmaster 40 off of CL and some piping and a few adapters gonna weld it up prolly sunday which is a bitch but i work 2 jobs. Gonna have Flow 40 2.5" single in single out, 45 degree angle in front of back pass tire

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals