• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 Intake Manifolds

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
I've searched the threads and searched the web, but cannot seem to come up with a picture of what the composite intakes look like. If anyone could upload a picture, I'd appreciate it.

Also, what combinations are possible with the intakes? I have a 1999 3.0, so if I went hunting for one of these newer intakes, could I keep my lower intake, or would I need to change out the whole assembly? I've read multiple threads that state the newer intakes add a little more power, and the "3.0" article in the tech library indicates an increase in power after 2000. Anyone here try this mod and take pics? Thanks.

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
The 02'-up intake is a composite and improves low-mid range torque without sacrificing top end. You can still use your existing lower intake, you will however need a different TB, vacuum lines, coil mount, and TC bracket. Do a search over at RPS, there are a couple people who have done the swap and rave about the results.

As soon as I get off my dead arse and find a TB, I'll be swapping an 02' upper onto my truck. It's been sitting on a shelf for a couple months.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Would you happen to have a pic? Sometimes going into a bonyard you don't always know what year you're looking at...

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't go spending a ton of money on a new upper intake. You've got a pretty decent one stock. The uppers on older (pre 98) trucks are a different and more restrictive design. I'm not saying its not worth it, but I don't think you'd see as much of a gain as someone with an older truck. If you can find one cheap, then go for it, or just port/polish your existing one for about the same gain.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
+1 to stmitch. I did some reading on them because I had a water outlet bolt break off on my 93 lower and had to go pull a new one. The only gain from the 98-01 to 02+ is the fact the composite weighs less. However, you lose the ability to P&P, which theoretically would give you bigger gains. I ended up going with the 98 intake, I doubt you'll get any noticeable gains from the 02.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals