• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 intake manifold bolt kit

fithers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Manual
This worked out pretty well. I gave myself a little space above the nuts just in case. Running like a dream so far with no CEL or codes, passed NY State inspection, and 70 miles today. Hopefully my cylinder 5 misfire and lean codes are finally sorted out. Now to wait for the next issue to arise ha.

blg1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
ended up getting some M8 1.25 20cm allthreads from McMaster-Carr, will double nut and cut down to size for the shorter bolts. Ford has left me no other option ha
Did that work? Running into the same issue. Thinking of going to pull-a-part and taking some out of one those. Just a long drive for me and the issue of them maybe not even having anything. Please let me know I'm desperate at this point haha

blg1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
www.belmetric.com. They should have what you need. A bit expensive as you have to pay for the shipping and the fact that the bolts are weird sizes, but they have a huge selection of metric fasteners. Do you need the bolt call outs? I think I they are listed in the factory service manual I have.
What are the bolt call outs if you dont mind? Having same issue

mc17eln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ended up getting some M8 1.25 20cm allthreads from McMaster-Carr,
@blg1994 Isn't that specific enough? at most 20 cm long, cut off the top if too long.

I think the problem here is folks over-torque the heck out of them. Dude, they are for air and no turbo. Go easy. Here is from the workshop manual for metal in-take manifold (plastic only need 10nm on all bolts):

6. Install the three bolts and the three stud bolts.​
  • Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown in two steps.
    • Tighten to 20 Nm (14 lb-ft).
    • Tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals