• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd I-Beam lift

Z_Hrowal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone. New to the forums here and recently purchased a 1995 Ranger 2wd with the I-beam front end. It has a small lift (1.5") currently but am looking to go more in the future. I've read that in order to go much more than that i would need either longer I-beams/radius arms or drop brackets. I know rough country makes a 4" lift that includes the brackets, but i was hoping to try and make them myself. I work as a structural steel welder to I have access to all the equipment and material necessary to make them, I was just wonder if anyone had a template that I would be able to use. If not, does anyone know where i can buy just the brackets? I see lots for the 4x4 but not the 2x4

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

FillMarr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
255/70/16
You can find fabtech lift spindles for the front on amazon, and wheelsnparts on eBay. You can find doestch tech on their website (just call I ). They are still pricey though. And my doestch tech ones limited the turning radius a lot so it’s not as nice a ride. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FillMarr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
255/70/16
I beam lift spindles huh....

Hmm I thought that was just another way to refer to a suspension lift, not a body lift. Ignore my post.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Hmm I thought that was just another way to refer to a suspension lift, not a body lift. Ignore my post.

No. A spindle is a part of a cone roller bearing setup. The proper term for the part replaced to drop or lift an independent suspension is the knuckle. The spindle is only the part that the bearings go over and the adjusting/retaining nut threads to.

It's called a spindle lift because it moves the spindle on the knuckle. That method is not used at all on twin I-beam suspensions.

Last edited:

Z_Hrowal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well still no luck. I've found a few companies that sell the brackets i need, but they only sell them as part of a kit and wont sell me the brackets separately. I can find drop brackets for the 4wd trucks all day long, but nothing for the 2wd. What are the differences between the two?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well still no luck. I've found a few companies that sell the brackets i need, but they only sell them as part of a kit and wont sell me the brackets separately. I can find drop brackets for the 4wd trucks all day long, but nothing for the 2wd. What are the differences between the two?

I don’t have the part numbers any more. But like 10 years ago I called 4 Wheel Parts and got them to sell me just the beam brackets that come in pro comp kits.

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
You could just put a solid axle under it. Make one gasser style.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals