• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd auto tranny + t-case??

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
so i have decided that i need to finish my bronco project ( 79 bronco, 6.9 diesel, 3/4 ton running gear)

and i ran into a question regarding my transmission, i pulled the diesel out of an 85 f-350 2wd with an automatic, the bronco has a c6 with a married t-case, my question is, can i unbolt the c6 from the t-case and bolt the np205 up to the 2wd diesel transmission???

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 7FA902352B4C01: April 5th, 2021

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so i have decided that i need to finish my bronco project ( 79 bronco, 6.9 diesel, 3/4 ton running gear)

and i ran into a question regarding my transmission, i pulled the diesel out of an 85 f-350 2wd with an automatic, the bronco has a c6 with a married t-case, my question is, can i unbolt the c6 from the t-case and bolt the np205 up to the 2wd diesel transmission???
Wow a 6.9! Haven't heard of that engine for a while. I think you would be better looking for a transmission that is already set up for the transfer case. The F350 had an AOD (4spd) or a C5 (3spd) behind it. Plus the bolt patterns are different between the C6 and the 2 others.