• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2in" Lift Install Easy or Hard?

Hugh Januss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Liter V6
Transmission
Manual
Hi y'all i have a stock set up on the truck rite now and im thinking about going to a 2in'' skyjacker lift i would go 3in sus lift but i haven't found one? so might just go 2in'' and if later on I wana go bigger i can do a 1in'' body lift because 3 is the max i wana go, but i was just curious on how hard it would be to install the lift kit? the coils and shocks seem fairly simple enough maybe the leaf to? not sure? but how about adjusting camber or alignment how difficult is that??? is there a how to on installing suspension lifts?

Is it something I can do or would it be better paying to get it installed

YungICY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do you have an ibeam setup or an a arm setup. I put a 4" coil lift on my 2wd I beams and it was stupid easy. It'll take you 3 hours tops if you have beams. Also if you have beams I wouldn't go anymore than 2" for sake of the alignment. The beams have alignment cam bushings to do the alignment, simple to align but I would recommend taking it to a shop to have that done. As far as a arms go, I'm not educated on the matter. Also if you have beams, check out summit racing for coils and shocks, they were the best price I found and they were free shipping.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

1986fordranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1999
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
from reading your profile it looks like you have a 1996 ranger (I beam suspension), the hardest part of the install will be getting your lower coil spring retaining nut's off if you live where there is any rust, other then that its pretty much down hill from there, as far as running your alignment back into spec, you could just take it to a alignment shop, they usually don't charge much and have the right tools to get it dead on, or if you are good at eyeballing stuff, try it yourself, you will have eccentrics bushing's on your ball joint mounting point's, just loosen the castle nut or pinch bolt (depending on the model) and just turn the eccentrics until you get within reasonable spec's and tighten the castle nut/pinch bolt

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals