• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2020 Ranger lowering

Olddudedon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
I'm wanting to lower the rear of my truck, the only way I see is the flip option how much will it lower it and will the diff., Hit the frame and would the shocks need to be changed? That's a lot of questions but just trying to get the back of the truck down so it looks more level without raising the front.
Any input is welcomed

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
@win has lowered his truck. The only post I could find mentioning it.

Made my own "kit".

Hand cut new grooves on a set of FX4 front shocks to lower the spring seat 1.25"

Had the rear springs re-arched by 3"at a local spring shop. Used 3 1/8" spring perches, new 2 1/2" u-bolts and a set of Jeep spring plates to flip the axle. With the new spring plates on top of original spring perches, used the u-bolts to dial in <.5 degrees of pinion angle and locked the axle into place.

Added a pair of early 2000's Nisan Frontier Rancho RS9000 shocks with Amazon sourced 14mm x 16mm aluminum tube cut to 40mm for the bushing mounts.

Final result was a bit low in back, used a set of Amazon sourced 1" lift spring shackles for the final rear height

Replaced the OEM foam bump stops with 600 lbs/in Timbren rubber springs spaced about 1" above the upper spring plate.

Set the Rancho's to max stiffness setting and am VERY pleased with ride and stance. OEM spring rates, the FX4 front shocks soften the front harshness and the Rancho's keep the back end under control.

OEM FX4 rear springs have a lot more arch than 2/4 WD springs and might be an option for the needed 2.5" - 3" "lift"needed for the axle flip.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals