2020 Ranger: Is there a V-6 Option?


adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
33,143
Reaction score
2,417
Points
113
Location
Dillsburg PA
Vehicle Year
1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I just checked, the service manuals haven't been released yet, so no info from that end.
 


Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 32B05A80BF19AF Expires: July 1st, 2020

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
22,669
Reaction score
3,215
Points
113
Location
SW Iowa
Vehicle Year
1985
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0
Transmission
Manual
Everybody is fussing for a NA V6... if I want mediocre mileage scale down a 7.3 to a 5.0 so mine at least has some power.

Nice... compact... iron block... pushrod V8 :eek:
 

snoranger

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
ASE Certified Tech
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
6,804
Reaction score
2,965
Points
113
Location
Jackson, NJ
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'17
Make / Model
All Fords
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Everybody is fussing for a NA V6... if I want mediocre mileage scale down a 7.3 to a 5.0 so mine at least has some power.

Nice... compact... iron block... pushrod V8 :eek:
Fussing for a NA V6. I want an Ecoboost V6... shit, I want Ford to build an Ecoboost 5.0L.
 

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
33,143
Reaction score
2,417
Points
113
Location
Dillsburg PA
Vehicle Year
1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Fussing for a NA V6. I want an Ecoboost V6... shit, I want Ford to build an Ecoboost 5.0L.
I want Ford to stop sitting on their brains.
 

Dirtman

Who pissed in my Cheerios?
EMT / Paramedic
Joined
May 28, 2018
Messages
9,375
Reaction score
5,559
Points
113
Location
Over there --->
Vehicle Year
2009
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
RUM HAM!!!
You realize ford doesn't give a crap about us right? People like us make up like 1% of car/truck buyers. Catering to us would be a massively bad investment. They cater to the other 99% of car/truck buyers who are morons who just want stupid rolling ipads with more usb ports.
 

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
33,143
Reaction score
2,417
Points
113
Location
Dillsburg PA
Vehicle Year
1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You realize ford doesn't give a crap about us right? People like us make up like 1% of car/truck buyers. Catering to us would be a massively bad investment. They cater to the other 99% of car/truck buyers who are morons and just want stupid rolling ipads.
And then they wonder why there are so many accidents.
 

Ranger850

Well-known member
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,160
Points
113
Location
Tallahassee Florida
Vehicle Year
2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
and they realized we dont want ANY cars, except Mustangs, but we want our trucks and suv's to ride and feel like a car
 

Dirtman

Who pissed in my Cheerios?
EMT / Paramedic
Joined
May 28, 2018
Messages
9,375
Reaction score
5,559
Points
113
Location
Over there --->
Vehicle Year
2009
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
RUM HAM!!!
Now your getting it. Want a truck, buy one 40 years ago and quit bitching.
 


Top