• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019 Ranger Missing 2 of the 6 Bed Tie Down Brackets

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
Our 2019 Ranger SupeCab bed came with only (4) bed tie down hooks. It's designed to have (6).

So the story goes that the factory was running low on bed tie down bracket inventory so they just used (4). It has the tapped holes in the bed for the other (2) hooks

WTF? :icon_confused: (yeah... they also shipped a bunch of trucks without any seam sealer on the door skin seams... have you looked at yours?)

So I went to the dealer, walked the sales manager out to my truck showed him the (4) hooks, the empty tapped holes and then showed him how every other Ranger on their lot had (6) hooks.

They ordered the brackets (<-- Made in Thailand) and screws and then wrote up some sort of service warranty against Ford to pay for them. It took the hooks about a month to show up because... wait for it... they were on nationwide back order.

I installed them myself (cause I don't trust the dealer to do anything) and used a 8mm-1.25 tap to chase the tapped holes to remove the factory applied Ford ToughBed spray in liner from the holes. Also added a little never seize to the tapped holes.

In case you need to do the same.. here's the P/N's of the parts.. and some photo's.

Tie Down Hook - Ford (KB3Z-21550A74-A) $6.49 ea, Quan. (2) = $12.98
Tie Down Hook Bolt - Ford (-W505594-S450B) $3.90 ea, Quan. (4) = $15.60

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG002.JPG003.JPG007.JPG008.JPG

Last edited:

The Donald

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah mine are absent. Looks like it was built around May.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
Yeah mine are absent. Looks like it was built around May.
Ours was built in July.... does your truck have seam sealer on the doors?

Seam Sealer.JPG

acsnowrider

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Mine was built in July! Noticed the missing "tie downs, yesterday, will have to ck the doors today. Thanks for the pics/info!!!(y)

acsnowrider

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Well, no sealant in mine either. At least I live in a fairly "dry" area--Now I know the manufacturers have made great strides in "corrosion" protection, but for all who live in winter for real, this is a very poor oversite, on Fords part!! The potential for issues further down the road on this item, are many!

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
Well, no sealant in mine either. At least I live in a fairly "dry" area--Now I know the manufacturers have made great strides in "corrosion" protection, but for all who live in winter for real, this is a very poor oversite, on Fords part!! The potential for issues further down the road on this item, are many!
Yeah... that sucks... I mean WTF id Ford thinking?

There's a guy (Beef_Stew) over on the Ranger5g site who got Ford to pay to add sealer to his Ranger... you could likely do the same. Here's a link: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/seam-sealer-missing-on-doors.5169/

Everlearn

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Never ever buy first year production of ANYTHING. This is “beta” year where they sort out the bugs......and you get to pay all that depreciation to help them find the bugs!!!

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
Never ever buy first year production of ANYTHING. This is “beta” year where they sort out the bugs......and you get to pay all that depreciation to help them find the bugs!!!
Sure, there will be 1st run issues... But shipping trucks that aren't finished, and not notifying the dealers to make it right, that's just a cheapskate move by Ford.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Sure, there will be 1st run issues... But shipping trucks that aren't finished, and not notifying the dealers to make it right, that's just a cheapskate move by Ford.
Probably hoping no one noticed. Good for you, for bringing it to the light.:icon_thumby:

acsnowrider

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Everyone does know, that ranger production continued for the rest of the world, other than USA/Canada, 2012-2018?? I saw several in our area, from Mexico. Not positive, but I think they were built in the Mexico Plant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger For 2011, the Ranger was discontinued in the United States and Canada.[1] The same year, Ford commenced production of a mid-size Ford Ranger; sold globally (other than the United States and Canada until 2019), production was revived in the United States in 2018 The revived Ranger is the global Ranger T6, adapted slightly to accommodate American government regulations

Last edited:

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
Everyone does know, that ranger production continued for the rest of the world, other than USA/Canada, 2012-2018?? I saw several in our area, from Mexico. Not positive, but I think they were built in the Mexico Plant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger For 2011, the Ranger was discontinued in the United States and Canada.[1] The same year, Ford commenced production of a mid-size Ford Ranger; sold globally (other than the United States and Canada until 2019), production was revived in the United States in 2018 The revived Ranger is the global Ranger T6, adapted slightly to accommodate American government regulations
Adapted slightly? I find Wikipedia scary. You don't know if the data is from a good source, or some teenage gamer who lives in his Grandparents basement.

It's hard to get a good answer as to if the US Ranger shares much with the T6....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"One could be forgiven for assuming the Ranger would simply be a Euro-Ranger adjusted for North American crash and safety regulations, since it’s already a best-selling nameplate in Europe and the second-best selling truck outside of North America. That is not the case. Per Ford Engineers, the North American Ranger is only similar in its dimensions. "

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a14783721/2019-ford-ranger-debut-release-date-specs/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Drawing on the continued evolution of the Ranger, Ford didn't change a great deal from the versions sold in other markets for its return to North America."

https://newatlas.com/2019-ford-ranger-review/59801/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The North American version has a new fully boxed frame. "

"When putting pencil to paper, Ranger design chief Max Wolff started with the 2012 Ranger design. He was granted license to tweak every panel because he would be working with new suppliers—and the plant was being retooled—so there were no barriers to making changes.
Wolff gave the truck a solid steel front bumper with big frame-mounted hooks, a short overhang for off-road, a tougher-looking hood extending from the raked windshield, a high beltline, and fender overrides so the wheel arches appear to have more width. There is a steel bumper, but the tailgate is aluminum with a spoiler and Ranger stamped on it. The cargo box rails are designed with North American buyers in mind."

"There was speculation the North American-market Ranger would be different from the global truck—perhaps even ride on a unibody platform. But it is the same architecture, developed in Australia but with new parts, some shared with the F-150. And the Ranger underwent the same strenuous testing as the F-150, Bolt said. "

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2019/2019-ford-ranger-first-look-review/

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I got all the tie downs but now I'll have to check the doors. I've had center caps for the steel wheels I bought for winter tires on back order for about two months now. They were originally supposed to be shipped to the dealer in November but changed to just "back order". So, I'll just have to stay on top of the Fluid Film coating I sprayed on the hubs until they finally come in. In some ways, Ford did a great job but in other ways, they have really dropped the ball with the Ranger.

Everlearn

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I got all the tie downs but now I'll have to check the doors. I've had center caps for the steel wheels I bought for winter tires on back order for about two months now. They were originally supposed to be shipped to the dealer in November but changed to just "back order".
Check eBay for your center caps. I just got 4 Ford logo caps for the Mustang Bullitt wheels going on the 1985 for $25............Didn‘t like the cobra caps they came with. Just need to know what the diameter is. Most are posted in mm dimensions, so be sure to accurately convert.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals