• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2015 F250 to f350 dually

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
So I’ve been thinking. I want to get a decent size living quarters horse trailer. The wife won’t let me buy a new truck and to be truthful I paid this thing off 6 months ago and it’s nice not to have the payment anymore. I bought this truck brand new with 7 miles on it. I’ve lived in it, packed my pickup camper traveling for work. I know it’s history. I want to flatbed it put a dually axle under the rear and possibly the front also. I thought the super duty’s were the same frame f250 to f350. But I can’t really find any solid info on this. Everyone just adds a dually kit to there truck well for the price of those kits I can buy complete axles and build a true dually. Anyone have a newer dually they can measure between the springs from side to side? Maybe take some pictures for me?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I’m not sure about F350s (because we only have one in our fleet), but F450 and F550 duallys have a narrow frame. I can measure the F350 when comes in… and I’m pretty confident that we’ll have a F250 in the shop at the same time.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Ive also heard that super duty F250 & F350 are the same, another benefit (at least in ohio, I dont know about your state) is that a 1 ton or above is licensed as a commercial vehicle. 3/4 & under can be a non commercial. That alone can save $50 a year in registration fees. If I truly needed a dually Id build one out of a 3/4 ton just for that reason alone.

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
I’m not sure about F350s (because we only have one in our fleet), but F450 and F550 duallys have a narrow frame. I can measure the F350 when comes in… and I’m pretty confident that we’ll have a F250 in the shop at the same time.
That would be sweet! I’m pretty sure all the cab and chassis are narrow frame I’m pretty sure your right. I know they made cab and chassis f350s also. But yeah! If you could measure for me that would be awesome!

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
@alwaysFlOoReD : I would have sent him to the 2015 BBLB - Super Duty F-Series publication: It has the dimensions for spring CL for Pickups (45") vs Chassis Cab. (40").

@Northidahotrailblazer : With F-350, you just need to be careful that you get an F-350 Pickup Axle and it is basically a bolt in.
On other hand, adding the heavier springs, dually rear axle, the extra wheels, etc reduces the payload/trailer towing limits (your truck is still an F-250) from a strictly legal point of view.​

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
@alwaysFlOoReD : I would have sent him to the 2015 BBLB - Super Duty F-Series publication: It has the dimensions for spring CL for Pickups (45") vs Chassis Cab. (40").

@Northidahotrailblazer : With F-350, you just need to be careful that you get an F-350 Pickup Axle and it is basically a bolt in.
On other hand, adding the heavier springs, dually rear axle, the extra wheels, etc reduces the payload/trailer towing limits (your truck is still an F-250) from a strictly legal point of view.​
Have a link for the bblb?

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
@alwaysFlOoReD: It was the row above right hand publication in the screen capture you took.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals