• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2013 F150 No Start

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Alright ford tech friends I could use some help!

My key fob stopped working and now my truck won’t start. My door access panel still works.

It is feels like a no start because of a security issue but idk why it would do that. I have tried to lock and unlock, swap in a good battery in fob but still doesn’t work, and disconnect the truck battery.

Any ideas?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
"No Start" is not specific enough

Does starter motor work?
Do you hear a "click" with key turned to START(or button press)

If starter works and engine cranks does the CEL(check engine light) go OFF with starter motor on, it should

Is there any Flashing lights on the dash with key on?
i.e. THEFT light(looks like a padlock)

You can download 2013 F150 owners manual from here: https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/ford/2013-f150.pdf

Easier to search PDF than book, lol
There is a long section on "keys"

Last edited:

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I’ll film it when I get home. But when I turn the key there is no click or engine turning over. All the lights are on like normal.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Reads like a bad starter motor or starter activation fuse

Check owners manual for a cab fuse related to starter interupt(5 or 7.5amp), in Rangers it was fuse 24 for many years, it passed the 12volts from ignition switch to the starter relay in engine fuse box

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Okay I got it to start. I checked all the fuses and after I removed and reinstalled in ignition control fuse on the inside passenger panel it all worked again, I am not sure why that is where the problem was. The key fob still isnt working but the truck starts.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thats odd, disconnecting battery should have done the same thing

P93suafilo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 89, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Alright get this weirdness. So I took the truck for a test drive and when I started it up the blower motor wasnt working. So i stopped and tried to restart the truck and nothing, I then removed the ignition switch fuse and plugged it back in and voila everything was working normal again. Key fob still not working so I grabbed a new battery and some fuses (truck running) and headed home. New battery in the key fob and it's working again, I guess the back up battery I had was bad. Fast forward to this morning, I go to start the truck and nothing. I tried and remote start and it fired right up but when I plugged the key in it set off the security alarm. I then tried removing the fuse and plugging it back in and nothing still no start. But I finally got the code Starting System Fault

Update***In my passenger fuse panel I started poking around and found a loose connector that was in and appeared in but when touched or bounced it was out. So I tightened that down and good to go.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals