• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2011 ranger maf adapter

bdowney

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
just wondering if there is a maf adapter out there that anyone knows of that i can buy or make myself.:icon_welder: The stock air box is connected to the maf housing on the 2011 ranger 4.0l i would just cut it out if it was an older vehicle but being new i don't want to ruin any parts. ive found one online site but it seems old and scetchy and its expensive.

Also, has anyone put an aftermarket filter on thier ranger and had problems with the maf, engine lights and such? the guy who worked at a performance store i went to said that it might throw codes because of the upgraded air flow.:icon_confused:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I've seen issues from aftermarket intake setups. Not on Rangers, but the first few years of the 4.6 Mustang it was bad. People would come in with lean codes and MAF codes and we tracked it down to the CAI system. Put a plastic bag with some holes poked in it over the filter and it started running right.

bdowney

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
alright thats good because i have a sneeking suspicion that the stock airbox is restricting quite a bit.
now just for the adapter.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know there was someone on here who did a before and after test with his 4.0L K & N set-up. Found that the stock set-up was better, not worth the money at all. A lot of the later high performance Mustanges retain their stock air boxes. Heard that about not much to be gained with the later Rangers also.
Dave of the Nord

ES894x4

December 2013 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
spectre sells a maf adapter that comes with inserts to keep your maf readings correct while allowing you to run 3" tubing. i wouldnt bother either with cutting the box or just buying a drop in element because youll still have that tiny 2.25" opening thats smaller in diameter then the actual maf with the harsh square corners.

truckin did a custom ranger sri and lists the maf adapter you need.
http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/0909tr_2005_ford_ranger_buildup/index.html

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't call 2.25 tiny, that's larger than the TB opening in a 5.0L Mustang. What's the benifit of running a 3" tube on a stock motor? Just wondering why.
Dave of the Nord

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
ive been running no snorkel and a drop in K&N on my ranger for a few months now. Honestly i cant tell a difference. Throtle responce is awesome, but its really about the same overall.

Going to try putting the snorkel back in, and see if it changes anything.

one good thing is it hisses and whines like a supercharger would when you give it, which make the beaners around here think its got something it doesnt. lol

4.0 2wd auto with upgraded plugs and wires.

next is a power programer.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yeah, the 4.0 doesn't have much to gain from JUST a CAI setup. There is a dyno sheet floating around here (can't find it ATM) that shows the 4.0 loses power with just the CAI. You need headers, bigger pipes, and a programmer to really get the benefits.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals