• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2008 Kia

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I just bought this yesterday. A 2008 Kia Sedona. On the test drive I drove it hard for 60 miles trying to force deleted codes to pop up (common practice for dealerships to delete codes for the inspection). I didn’t get any codes and after dickering on the price I drove it home for $3500.

On the drive home I got a check engine light. I stopped at autozone because I needed oil anyways and scanned the codes.

P0741 TCCS circuit performance or stuck off (previously deleted)
P0420 Catalyst Efficiency below threshold bank 1
P04320 Catalyst Efficiency below threshold bank 2
P0741 TCCS circuit performance or stuck off.

I’m assuming the cat codes are because of the TCCS failure because the car runs like a top. The transmission is shifting fine.... but why does Kia have to make this TCC solenoid so freaking hard to find. I can’t find a replacement anywhere. The only information I can find says that it’s under the valve body and the failure is likely due to a bad connection or a dirty solenoid. Ok, fine... but if I have to remove the valve body to get to it then I want to replace or atleast service the solenoid. I can not find this part number or anybody that sells it or even instructions on how to remove/replace/ service this part.

I feel like tanking my hair out!!!! And that’s a lot of hair....

I will place photos here after I have had time to resize them on my laptop

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
1) You bought a Kia. Therefore I now hate you.

2) Please don't make me look at a Kia.

3) Try the Kia forums, IEatPaste.com

4) Why the hell would you ever look at a Kia, and think, "yeah, that's the car for me" if you're not a basic white b*tch that uses instagram while driving.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If you bought it from a dealer I would drive it right back and say fix this or give me my money back or Im sueing you...

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I'm with Dirtman. Dealer should help you out on this one unless you specifically bought it "as is" with no warranty of any kind. I also sort of agree with Petrojunky. Just not as vehemently. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and everyone had different needs and tastes.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
If you bought it from a dealer I would drive it right back and say fix this or give me my money back or Im sueing you...
Can’t in Washington. As is where is means just that.. I could if I could prove they deleted the codes as intentionally misrepresented the car. But I can’t and it would cost more that replacing the transmission for a lawyer and proving it. so I’m just going to fix it. It’s not preventing the transmission from shifting properly.. just preventing the torque converter from locking up.

4) Why the hell would you ever look at a Kia, and think, "yeah, that's the car for me" if you're not a basic white b*tch that uses instagram while driving.
Um because I still have 3 kids in the house and can’t afford to put gas in a super crew... I need to have the ability to haul a small trailer, seat 6, and be able to put my air bed in the back when camping.My last 2 Kias were good cars. The 06 Sedona took me a month to figure out the wiring after an engine fire but otherwise didn’t have any issues. I put 110 thousand miles on it in 2 years. The Sorento we only traded in because we were post bankruptcy and needed something we were making a payment on and got better mileage... Now that I’m getting divorced, I need a grocery getter and something to drive when it’s too wet/cold for the motorcycle. I know Kia has its haters but, My 05 Sorento had 325k on it with no issues at all from it.

Any other car company I would be able to find the part I’m looking for online...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals