• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2008 Ford Ranger Sport 3.0

TheHayworth23

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
okay so i have a 08 sport, it has a 3.0 engine, im not that inclined with parts and things....so my question is, what exactly can i do to my engine to give it more horses, could i turbocharge, or supercharge it, i just need some help, so any comments would be great

Edgefevah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
dude use the search button, there is tonnes of info on the forums here.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Honestly, for someone of your knowledge and skill level who wants to go fast, you're better off buying a different vehicle.

Having said that, if you want to stick with the Ranger, and you're willing to learn and do your homework, there is a ton of info here and on other ranger forums about engine swaps, and forced induction.
To really answer your question, you have to ask yourself what your goals are for hp/tq, how much you're willing to spend, and how much time/work you're willing to put in to make it happen. The more time/work you put in, the less it will cost, but you'd still have atleast $1500 in a boosted 3.0, or a decent motor swap.

Here's the truth, coming from a huge 3.0 supporter, and one of the people with the most 3.0 performance experience on this site. The 3.0 doesn't have much of an aftermarket. They're reliable as hell, and easy to work on, but go fast parts are not cheap or easy to find, and you have to do a lot yourself, or pay an arm and a leg to have it done for you. It's going to take a lot of money and work to make the 3.0 fast.
That being said, there are some guys with turbo 3.0's, but there are no "kits", and you'd have to do a ton of research to figure out what you'd need to buy to meet your goals. Whipple made bolt on supercharger kits for the 3.0, but they've been discontinued for several years and are not easy to find.

Ultimately, it's based on your budget, skill level, and willingness to work. If you want a racecar, just buy something different.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals