• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2007 Red Trailer 4X8 Utility Trailer

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift
Tire Size
31X10.5R15
It got to participate in the Veterans Day parade. The VFW Auxiliary decorated it for those who can’t march.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 70D65189E6D8FF: January 5th, 2022

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift
Tire Size
31X10.5R15
The spare tire mounts are now installed. I'm just waiting on the sealant to cure. Once the final paint is on I'll post pictures. The only thing I'm missing is the other spare tire and the decision whether to get one for the planned 5 Lug suspension or get the tire with the existing 4 lug and worry about swapping rims later. The planned upgrade is to go with Load C tires to match the 2,200# rating of the new suspension. The current tires are Load B, so would be under rated for the planned 2,000# maximum weight (VIN Plate maximum is 1,460#, so it won’t be a regular thing. The was an option for upgrading the axle to 2,000# when I originally ordered the trailer but I didn’t take it. So, the frame can handle that weight.).

Why 2,200# you ask? 3,500# rated axle stubs, 1 3/4" better suspension defection, and 2 1/8" of lift.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift
Tire Size
31X10.5R15
The spare is sitting about 3" lower than I had planned but I like the overall outcome. If the spare tire height ends being an issue, I can get some steel angle to raise the mounts themselves up higher. Since I'm trying to compensate for the nose being heavy, I might do it anyway to mount a small tool box over one of the the spares.

You may have noticed I moved the load bars aft behind the rack up rights. I'm also working on a plan the mount the rack bars themselves on the front side of the rear up rights. That will move some weight aft and eliminate potential brush hang ups. A plan to rework the mounting of the middle ramp section that is under the trailer bed so as to make it more user friendly. Right now, one has to crawl under the trailer in order to drop it. Not good if the trailer is in the mud or the ground is wet...

Anyway, pictures as promised. I stood on the one mount with out a spare. It didn't move.