• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2007 Mustang. New project vehicle of mine.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, mine seems particularly peppy. Was looking underneath yesterday and see the exhaust is much modified. Has what appear to be two high flow cats directly attached to the manifolds. Then three inch pipe running straight back from the cats into a large gracefully shaped Y under the passenger seat area. Then a three inch pipe running to the back and arcing gracefully over the axle, to a three inch T. Then two three inch pipes going around and welded to the axle.

I know both my Lightning and Ranger had or have four cats. The Ranger still does, with an o2 behind the last cat. The Lightning, the original owner had the aft two cats and o2 deleted. The Mustang only has two, so I am assuming that the back two and the o2 we're also deleted. And I am thinking that three inch pipe in the exhaust is plenty sufficient for a 240 cubic inch V-6. So the only thing I am going to do exhaust wise is have the two three inch trips replaced with four inch tips. It's got a really nice growl to it, I just can't appreciate it much until I put in my hearing aid. LMAO!!

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Stumbled upon this one fine day. APR Performance carbon fiber diffuser for 2005 -2009 Mustang. Excuse the dirt behind the tires. Was clean, some business cleaned their parking lot so everyone else's car could be dirty.

Attachments

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Put a new Boss 429 style hood scoop and new smaller more sport car like mirrors on the Mustang This past week.

Attachments

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Finally got around to changing up the look of the tail end. The fake gas cap was badly deteriorated and needed to be replaced or deleted. I chose deleted. Just like a lot of the mods I've done, it's a piece that resembles what some classic Stangs had on the back.

Attachments

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
In anticipation of cutting two long slots in the top of the hood beside the Boss 429 scoop and installing two carbon fiber heat vents, I did the same on my 98 Ranger. It has a steel hood which is starting to rust. Painting it this weekend. Prior to painting, I used the steel hood on the Ranger as a guinea pig, to test whether I could or couldn't, successfully cut two long slots in the hood and install two Mustang hood vents. I did it last Thursday and it turned out bitching. Also the Ranger's hood now has the old small hood scoop that my Mustang originally came with. I used a 1.5 inch hole saw to open a bunch of holes in the hood under the scoop. Will remove the scoop, mask off the hood vents, paint the hood, install the scoop permanently this weekend. Also going to install two small scoops on the passenger side of the hood directly over the CAI air filter. There will be two 1.25 holes under each small scoop, feeding cold air directly on top of the filter. I fashioned some small foam plugs to be installed in the small scoops and the large central scoop for rainy days.

When it's all done, I'll post some pics.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, for some time I've had issues with a P0741 trans code on the Stang, Torque Converter Clutch Locked Off. My friend Rick has replaced the fluid and filter and the solenoids. The code has been absent for about six months, but came back again on Saturday on the way to work. I drove it the 25 mile route, rather than the 7 mile route, hadn't had it out of the grudge for awhile. As I neared work, the OD ODD light started blinking again. Damn It! I backed it into a spot, then pulled forward to reposition. As I was backing the second time, I noted there was no response, and the vehicle coasted backwards downhill into the spot. When I came out to go home, it wouldn't move when the shifter was moved. No surprise. Also noted it was idling higher than usual. My friend Rick owns ACE Transmission in Midwest City OK. We both agree that the torque converter has finally gave up and shat the bed. Had trouble finding a tow company that can get on Tinker AFB and tow it off. But found one, and it will be towed to Rick's shop tomorrow. And we'll go from there. It's understood the 5R55 was never one of Ford's best transmission designs. LOL!

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the car back Saturday. Ends up there was a broken snap ring in the internals that damaged a lot of components, necessitating a full rebuild. I told Rick to put a new converter in since I was having issues with the converter clutch not locking. Drove it around 100 miles Sunday, it's all good. No more blinking OD OFF light. I also had them replace the oil pressure switch because I was getting random Low Oil Pressure warning, only at idle. They found the switch full of oil in the area where the wires connect, so it likely was shoring out intermittently. That's all good now as well.

Next, taking the Ranger there for a Locker and the 4.10 gear set I have from Motive Gear. Rick said they'll reset the speedometer while they have it.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Recal;l that I had put some hood vents on my Ranger as practice for putting some on my Mustang. Here's the finished result. Will be changing the bolts to black flush bolts soon.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals