• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 4.0 auto, Cranks, but No Start.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
having an issue where the truck will not start. Cranks over just fine, I did check the fuel cuttoff switch, its not that.

I did go through a lot of snow today, I cleaned as much out as I could from the engine bay and had my truck running afterwards for about 45 minutes letting it melt/dry.

Went to start it later to go to my sisters place, does nothing but crank.

Codes that came up were P0068, and P1100.

P0068 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Inconsistent with MAF Sensor

Checked the wires for MAF and checked MAF itself, all seemed fine. I didnt check the wires for the TPS (got dark and my fingers were not having anymore of the cold)

P1100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Intermittent

again, checked wiring all looked fine, but looks can be deceiving when snow/water is involved.

My question, is are these two things in conjuction enough to make the truck have a no start condition? if so, any ideas if the TPS wiring all looks fine?

I'm going to try and fine a warm space to put it in to fully melt it, but that might not be possible since it doesnt start.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would shoot it with starting fluid and see if it starts, so you know if you have fuel/spark.

i seem to remember that my truck will not start but will run with the maf unplugged. might try tapping on that tps with something, might be "stuck" wide open.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
will try that tomorrow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
figured I would update this. finally had time to check the things related to the codes, turns out the TPS was bad, snow got into it, and froze up and broke the sensor. Thankfully it didnt break the tab on the throttle body. New TPS and melted the ice out of the throttle body and it fired up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals