• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2005 FX4 II Dome light Issues

JStiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello all. Having an issue with the passenger side wiring harness for the door switch. The 'Door Ajar' light and dome light stay on with the key in the on position. No chime. I have tested / isolated the passenger door circuit and have found that when I check the door harness plug in the cab, I have continuity to ground on the grey/red wire, which is the 'trigger wire' for the door switch. This can only mean (I think) that there is a fault in said wire somewhere under the dash. And for whatever reason, it has not blown a fuse.Has any one out there ever come across this problem before, or know where to start looking? Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Rangers

JStiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got it figured out! With this truck being a 4dr, I found that the rear driver door was not closing the latch far enough to open the switch. All doors, except for the driver, are wired together.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals