• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2005 Explorer Prerunner/aftermarket bumper

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
As the title says, has anyone ever seen one advertised? I know some companies will build whatever you desire but I don't need that. I'm in the market for something after I cracked a deer going between 55 and 60. Thankfully the grille guard I had took most of the impact without a scratch amazingly, but the bumper cover didn't do as well. I'm between getting a new plastic cover or going all out tearing the plastic off and most likely building a custom bumper. I haven't seen any bumpers out for these things, just curious if anyone has before I go though with building a custom one,

Matt

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Search Pirate.com or Ebay. There is a guy who makes custom bumbers for the exploder. Just search Ebay with Explorer winch bump. He might be the same guy on Pirate.com but I can't remember.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dezertrangers.com

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
I've searched for days already, not much of anything. These aren't really popular offroaders due to the electronic crap they have and the suspension isn't all that great to work with. There are only a couple built up ones I've seen. People/places are willing to make me a custom one which I can do that; I was looking for something out there bolt on. I'll end my search and break out the tools.

Matt

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
If you do find one it will cost a bunch. You can add a Jeep bumper with some fabrication. Smittybilt has nice bumbers and they will fit the Ranger. Make your own bumper brackets and mount it up.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
I've seen some use other bumpers too. I was between fixing this back to stock, a bolt on aftermarket, or a true custom bumper that has to be bolt on as well. It will have to sit for a few weeks til I have the time. I'll have to remember to put some pictures up when I'm finished.

Matt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals